2/10/2010 2:07pm - Uplink Activity Report - 97 changes

I know some of the new HD channels are up .. but my wife got upset when I was using the SlingBox to check out the new channels from work as she was re-watching American Idol...

So I was not ablt to check all of them...

Ted...

yeah i don't get the 5000 range, does that mean i would need a new dish or will they just keep the one i have since i already get all those channels? I get the hundreds and the 9000s.

No. They put the HD Latino package in the 5000 range, don't ask me why because it makes no sense to me. If you have 129 or 72.7, then you should be OK.

yeah i don't get the 5000 range, does that mean i would need a new dish or will they just keep the one i have since i already get all those channels? I get the hundreds and the 9000s.

To make the Guide smaller, they do not show channels from other packages, so people who are not Dish Latino subs do not have 5300s in their guide.

Yes, DL does not include all the Discovery channels, but many Discovery programs rotate through most of the channels. For example, some of the Science-HD programs have later shown on Discovery-HD channel.

Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC, HD Theater and National Geographic are all included in HD.

As Randall mentioned, Spike is included at 5303 and the others you cited are indeed not included.

Again, everything from 5300-5405 is included, in HD.

No. They put the HD Latino package in the 5000 range, don't ask me why because it makes no sense to me. If you have 129 or 72.7, then you should be OK.

yeah, i have 72.7. I'll check up on this next week to see what i need to do, hopefully they won't charge a lot to switch if they need to put in a new dish, i still have the 9 months of free service plan. But losing nfl and msnbc to save $25 a month ($20 till November since we have $15 discount now and it looks like max only gets $10 off 1st year) will definitely be worth it, that will basically pay for the hbo/showtime/starz package we have. Will they still continue the year discount price if I switch packages?
Glad i read this post, this will save me a good amount of money :)

Dish 1000.4 installed $15(sort of)

Called this morning as i have the 110, 119, 61.5 config and customer service told me $99 after I complained they passed me along to some other dept who quoted me $15 if I added a $8 per month maintenance charge. It will cost me $25 to cancel the maintenance. So I guess the total dish upgrade is $48. I'm a little disappointed after being a customer for almost 15 years that they could not do it for free but I really want FSC and BBC HD. They will install tomorrow so I am happy.

bzzzz they are calling all ready for the 8 new HD channels lets see what happens when put very popular channel up

The only people calling are a couple of hundred or so on this website and maybe from the other site.....the general public has no clue...it would be the same if it were ESPNU

How are you getting your locals now, do you have an oversized 61.5? How about non-EA; i.e. 1000.2 = 110/119/129 and your existing 61.5 dish?

I'm getting SD locals off of 110 or 119, I forgot which. I'm not getting HD locals because Dish put them on a beam on 61.5 that doesn't cover my part of the DMA. So if I switched to EA I wouldn't have any locals at all.

61.5 Locals

My locals are on 61.5 and this area is simply buried in snow at this time - almost paralyzed. It would be a good bet that the Federal Government (FCC) will be closed the rest of this week and Monday is the President's Day holiday.

The bottom line: It's going to be while before we see the new channels :(

I'm getting SD locals off of 110 or 119, I forgot which. I'm not getting HD locals because Dish put them on a beam on 61.5 that doesn't cover my part of the DMA. So if I switched to EA I wouldn't have any locals at all.

Can you see 129 from where you are? If so then it costs you (in terms of channels lost) absolutely nothing to do 110/119/129, regardless of whether you have a 61.5. But I'm probably not telling you anything you didn't already know. :)

Called this morning as i have the 110, 119, 61.5 config and customer service told me $99 after I complained they passed me along to some other dept who quoted me $15 if I added a $8 per month maintenance charge. It will cost me $25 to cancel the maintenance. So I guess the total dish upgrade is $48. I'm a little disappointed after being a customer for almost 15 years that they could not do it for free but I really want FSC and BBC HD. They will install tomorrow so I am happy.

tried the same with several different csr/techs....no deal, unless i fork up $99

Just got off a chat with Tech support and they will be out tomorrow to upgrade me to EA. Painless, easy, 15 bucks... I got no complaints here IF they install goes as planned!

why was the new hd channels not put on 61.5 instead of 72,Most people that have 61.5 did so because 129 is to low to receive from their area. Mine included. Why didnt they put them on 119 or 110. And move the nonhd channels to 61.5 or 129. I feel like I am getting shafted. Does anyone know if this going to corrected at least 61.5 can get these channels. The only I get is SMC . Which I am not a sports fan. So I wont subs to it anyway.

yeah, actually 72 would be better for us for the hd since we get a higher signal off that sat. FSC has it in the 50s, the 61.5 channels have it in the 30s to 40s. And its snowing right now, not sure if that is affecting it. Are locals are off 61.5 too.

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking we'll get taken care of when they get the new sat up and tested. I was really looking forward to BBCA HD.

Hope you're right...I'd really like to see the HD version of all the premium movie channels given to us (instead of just the core ones).