2/12/2010 5:16pm - Uplink Activity Report - 2 changes

Not according to RFDTV. RFDTV is supposed to be adding 2 stations to the line up for a total of 3. Off hand I'm not sure of this is one of the new ones. I do remember that one is supposed to include about farming in other countries.

Blue Highways IIRC is carried by FIOS.

I think the additional channels you refer to above are ones carried within RFD-TV; e.g. Horse and Country TV and there's another one, maybe RuralTV, both from England. They appear to be the RFD-TV of the UK and I believe RFD-TV programs are being broadcast there. Sort of an exchange program.

Last edited:
wow sooo thats awsome RFD-TV did exactly what Charlie does when local channels try and muscle there price increases. Charlie puts up the phone numbers to the guys who are negotiating local stations prices. RFD-TV did it now and Charlie is upset? what comes around goes around.

I was thinking the same thing... I thought it was pretty funny.

charlie need to hear from the viewers what we want to watch and what channels we want. We want espnu and mlb .Get what the customers want i don't mind paying a little more as long it is channels we wants. Some of the hd channels we got this week i never watch.

Dish will lose subs due to the loss of this channel. Dish will lose subs due to the increase of their prices. Lets see what else Dish has up their sleeves to lose even more subs.

Fm: Patrick Gottsch

Re: Update - DISH Network/RFD-TV agree to 30-day extension

Yesterday, I shared with you the potential problems with RFD-TV's affiliate agreement with DISH Network, and asked a select number of DISH Network subscribers in our data base to contact and/or write Mr. Ergen and Mr.... Shull at DISH Network to provide your comments and feedback on this situation. Boy, did you all ever respond!

Many of you wrote back to me and/or shared your letters that were sent to DISH on our behalf. I have read every one, and I can tell you that I am absolutely humbled by your out-pouring of support for RFD-TV. The vast majority of these letters were so positive, constructive, and heartfelt that no one could ignore their sincerity, and I can assure you all that you all made the strongest possible impression with DISH's management.

Communication is being re-established with DISH, and I am hopeful that discussion for a new agreement will soon take place. I will do everything in my power to make this happen, as again, I am recharged with energy from your support. At this time DISH Network/RFD-TV have agreed to a 30-day extension of our present agreement while these negoitations take place, and there will be no interuption of service on February 14th, 2010.

I will continue to update you all via e-mail first, and post any major developments or announcements on the RFD-TV - Rural America's Most Important Network <
http://www.rfdtv.com> web site as they materialize. There is no reason to send any more letters or calls to anyone at DISH at this time, as the message has been received and further contact may even be counter-productive.

Again, thank you so much for your support. One learns who there real friends are when times get tough, and man, does RFD-TV have a lot of friends.

Patrick Gottsch

Founder & President

RFD-TV/RFD HD/RURAL TV