2/15/2012 4:02pm - Uplink Activity Report - 122 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
hehehe polka always reminds me of John Candy in Home Alone...polka polka polka :D

Thinking of switching from Direct to Dish to get the new Hopper. . . . next month but then I

Noticed DireCTV has PBS Nebraska, PBS, Iowa, and the CW all in HD for my City. Dish only has SD.

Then I see this report about new channels . . . then I am wondering why they are not adding more local HD channels.

Is this the plan? Was there some FCC law I read somewhere that said they had to add locals in HD be some date?

For the record, religions channels on Dish right now

1) 256 Prayer
2) 257 SBN (Signature Broadcasting Network)
3) 258 The Church Channel
4) 259 INSP (The Inspiration Network) - Several "classic" secular TV shows on this channel
5) 260 TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network)
6) 261 EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network)
7) 262 Angel One
8) 263 Daystar
9) 264 Kids & Teens TV
10) 266 Angel Two
11) 267 Christian TV Network
12) 9393 3ABN (Three Angels Broadcasting Network)
13) 9397 Impact Television Network
14) 9403 Brigham Young University (Does this one really belong as a religious channel? It is an educational channel by a religious entity but really doesn't proselytize)
15) 9413 Almavision

What channel (or channels if you weren't counting BYU) did I miss in the basic packages?

No longer "religious" channels
188 GMC - formerly Gospel Music Channel, now just GMC and shows classic TV
185 Hallmark - Formerly VISN then merged with ACTS to make Faith & Values Network, then renamed Odyssey, now general entertainment with small blocks of religious programs on the weekend.
180 ABC Family - formerlyCBN ( Christian Broadcasting Network), then The Family Channel, then Fox Family. All that remains of CBN is The 700 club, otherwise it's a Disney channel.

TNGTony said:
For the record, religions channels on Dish right now

1) 256 Prayer
2) 257 SBN (Signature Broadcasting Network)
3) 258 The Church Channel
4) 259 INSP (The Inspiration Network) - Several "classic" secular TV shows on this channel
5) 260 TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network)
6) 261 EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network)
7) 262 Angel One
8) 263 Daystar
9) 264 Kids & Teens TV
10) 266 Angel Two
11) 267 Christian TV Network
12) 9393 3ABN (Three Angels Broadcasting Network)
13) 9397 Impact Television Network
14) 9403 Brigham Young University (Does this one really belong as a religious channel? It is an educational channel by a religious entity but really doesn't proselytize)
15) 9413 Almavision

What channel (or channels if you weren't counting BYU) did I miss in the basic packages?

No longer "religious" channels
188 GMC - formerly Gospel Music Channel, now just GMC and shows classic TV
185 Hallmark - Formerly VISN then merged with ACTS to make Faith & Values Network, then renamed Odyssey, now general entertainment with small blocks of religious programs on the weekend.
180 ABC Family - formerlyCBN ( Christian Broadcasting Network), then The Family Channel, then Fox Family. All that remains of CBN is The 700 club, otherwise it's a Disney channel.

I wonder why 3abn is not maped down around where tbn and daystar are in the 260 range

The Hopper will have a feature to collapse the Sirius channels and also the PI channels into one line on the guide. It would be nice to be able to collapse the religious channels this way too. You can always expand them if you are interested.

I wonder why 3abn is not maped down around where tbn and daystar are in the 260 range

no room? Of course they could move CCTV9 out of 265 then they'd have room

Remember 3ABN started on the Sky Angel programming (was only available on Sky Angel). Then when SA went internet only 3ABN and Dish cut a deal. It use to be on 9710 but then got moved to 9393.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)