2/19/2014 3:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 18 changes

yea it is getting depressing when dish advertises in their commercials that they are the leader in HD why wont they show itby adding some new national HD channels

yes i do spend time watching current programming.i just want to see every channel will be in hD eventually in time when it is going to happen.

Dumb question......besides the ones that are in carriage disputes like Disney and the various RSN's, how many national channels arent being carried in HD by Dish? My bet is there cant be many.

Dumb question......besides the ones that are in carriage disputes like Disney and the various RSN's, how many national channels arent being carried in HD by Dish? My bet is there cant be many.

There's a bunch, but very few with real unique content that is ACTUALLY in HD.
(SD only Channels on Dish not listed DO NOT have an HD feed, not even of some of the other carriers have the channel listed as an HD offering.)

TVLand
TVGuide Network
Oxygen
QVC (oh yes, we all long to have an HD shopping channel. NOT!)
ESPN News
ESPN U
MTV2
GAC
Nick Jr. (Yes, there is an HD feed - East Only)
Nick West (or NickToo)
Nick Toons
Disney East
Disney West

Disney XD
ABC Family
Military Channel (changing its name/programming to American Heroes Channel next month.)
Pivot
CSPAN & CSPAN 2
The Blaze
Al Jazeera America
Ion
HSN (Yes, another shopping channel!)
HSN2
ShopNBC
Ovation
TBN
EWTN
Daystar
INSP
NASA TV
HBO2 West
MoreMax
Showtime Beyond
Showtime Extreme
The Movie Channel West
Encore West
Encore Action
Encore Classic
Starz Cinama
Starz in Black
MoviePlex
Fox Movie Channel
World Fishing Network
The Outdoor Channel
Fox Sports 2

24/7 RSNs
And two adult channels.

Just noticed that WHAG in SD was removed when WHAG in HD was added. So how is it I can still view it in SD?

I remeber discussion in another thread about WHAG being up there in two locations both in SD. apparently this was the plan give it to DC in HD and to Salisbury in SD. Seems like they took the long way around but they got there.

dare2be said:
WHAG 6742 SD is in the Salisbury DMA. Is that the one you have?
Yes that is the one I have.
I remeber discussion in another thread about WHAG being up there in two locations both in SD. apparently this was the plan give it to DC in HD and to Salisbury in SD. Seems like they took the long way around but they got there.
Well that stinks that we get stuck with SD.

There's a bunch, but very few with real unique content that is ACTUALLY in HD.
(SD only Channels on Dish not listed DO NOT have an HD feed, not even of some of the other carriers have the channel listed as an HD offering

Thanks. Many more than I thought there would be. I just never understood all the fuss on the forum regarding the addition of new HD channels. At this point (Disney and the movie channels excluded) most are specialty channels. There is so much content on Dish and the other providers that I dont watch that I couldnt sympathize with those who continue to ask for more channels in HD. Thanks again.

I agree shrike2 it is terrible. I think that the critical difference is that WHAG is considered to be in the Washington DC DMA> Admittedly it is our SECOND NBC station and only a few of us can get it OTA but it is part of the DMA. Still it is bad that the Easters Shore suffers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts