2/3/2011 3:01pm - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/3/2011 3:01pm - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/03/2011 02:46P - 02/03/2011 03:01P

Channel Package Flag Changes:
606 - BBCAR [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (BBC Arabic)
606 - BBCAR [MPEG2 SD] - Echostar15 61.5W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (BBC Arabic)
769 - DREAM [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 02 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (Dream 2 (Egypt))
769 - DREAM [MPEG2 SD] - Echostar15 61.5W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to free preview (A) (Dream 2 (Egypt))

Channels in the system: 7456
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2011 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v10.10.28

© 2011 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

DISH is making BBC Arabic and Dream 2 available as a free preview so customers may tune in and watch what is happening in Egypt.

If 118.7 is the satellite for international channels, why are they also adding these channels to 61.5?

I have a 1000.4 dish for the eastern arc so I'll get then but people with 1000.2 dishes for the western arc won't get them.

Will Dish eventually put the international channels on the eastern and western arc satellites and elimate them on 118.7?

61.5 used to be the internationals satellite. They have moved a bunch of internationals off of 61.5 to 118.7. But, some of the internationals are still on 61.5.

so dish carries BBC News Arabic and Al Jazeera Arabic, but neither BBC World News in English or Al Jazeera English? Why, cause we, Americans are dumb and have short attention timespan and are only interested on "celebrity" news and shouting matches on cnn, fox news and msnbc?

I hadn't read the uplink until this morning, so last night I noticed that BBCAR channel available and I dreamed for a sec it was BBC World News - I put in the channel but, sadly, I don't speak or understand Arabic....

A deliberate information monopoly on English language news is the reason non commercial BBC world, AJE, and even US owned CNN international are not availabe on a wide scale in the US. They threaten the strong hold of the big three cable news outlets which are anything but news 95% of the time. Sadly the big three ignore the reality of the information age of FTA satellite and streaming internet video feeds. Instead of embracing diversity in the media the big 3 are living in the past and trying to deny it. What is funny though ishow often MSNBC is showing AJE.

Further, to those at dish, how is it CCTV9 (265) on dish is among shopping channels, is it because the chinese govt pays big bucks to you just like a shopping channel to get their voice heard?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts