2:32 AM Ch 465

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
For the last two nights, and set again to record tonight on all receivers I have Ch 465 recording for one minute at 2:32 AM. That should mean a message from DISH but nothing records, only the slate about PPV sports. (Both arcs)
Anyone else?

That time and channel will have a short message from Dish. Usually about pay per view or free previews.
Maybe a glitch at their end caused it to not broadcast so the timer was set again to record it the next night.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
I had the event scheduled to record last night. When I looked at it today, it still had a recording icon on it! (Luckily, it was really only 1 minute long.) I tried to stop the "recording" in order to delete it, but it did nothing -- when I went back to the DVR menu, it still had a recording icon. I played it (at which point I saw it was the slate instead of the commercial I was expecting), thinking it would let me stop it then, but when I went back to the DVR menu it now had a playing icon instead of a recording icon, and still no delete option. When I selected the stop option, it went back to having the recording icon! So I rebooted the receiver, and now it can be deleted.

I haven't looked to see if it's scheduled to record again tonight, but as of last night I only saw it once.

First one had no message.
Second one had a static screen saying that The Interview is now available on PPV.
I don't see anymore 1-minute timers on the schedule.

yea that crap was on my dvr list this morning.I have 0 interest in that shlock,so please quit pimping it via my dvr.

I'm really tired of their stupid messages. I barely watch my tv, but between my 4 year old recording everything off Disney Junior and Boomerang, my wife with those s***** Lifetime and Hallmark movies and the damn CW (she thinks she's still 15), and now Dish needing to record every time they want to promote something. The 5 to 10 movies I want to record are always scrutinized whenever the DVR gets full.

Normally, the Dish prerecorded stuff(things like the 'We dish you a merry Dishmas') do not take up a tuner, and zero of you user space on the DVR. It is usually on the Companies partition of the DVR, so you wouldn't have that space anyways. I think the one they did this time was a screwup on someones part.

The 5 to 10 movies I want to record are always scrutinized whenever the DVR gets full.

You hit me right where I'm living with this one... not Judge Judy recordings, not Love it or List it... no she wants to know why I had the gall to set a timer for a ESPN 30 for 30 movie..... and do "WE"...."NEED" it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts