2.4m Prime Focus Dish & Ku Circular Reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
My question is how good is a prime focus dish in picking up Ku-band circular reception? I know the offset dish do an excellent job but I am thinking of using a 2.4m like the GEOSATPRO 2.4 METER PRIME / POLAR MOUNT
with a Circular/Linear LNBF and motorize the dish.

Well, I don't think you would have to worry about rain fade!!!

and most LNB's that are set for offset are not made for Prime Focus dishes and actually make the signal worse. I took a DBS LNB and put it on my 6 footer for 110 and it didnt even bury the needle on most TP's...but put it on a 30" offset and 99% on all TP's

That's exactly why I've said a number of times in the past, that the only choice (I'm aware of) for circular and linear reception , would be an Invacom QPF-031 (yes, the expensive flange-model), and their ADF-120 flange-mount feedhorn.

If you didn't need circular, DMSI and their dealers carry a prime-focus BSC-321SP LNB, which might be worth a try.
Around $20 to $40 at various places.
Go to Google Product Search and search on: BSC321SP LNB
Up to you to determine if you need the LNB adapter plate or not.

SatelliteAV sells one too :)
So they do! :D

Since the specs are . . . different, is there any chance we could get a shoot-off between 'em?
And for a real treat, maybe the Invacom combo, too?
(say, as long as you had the Invacom horn, maybe you could also bolt it to an EagleAspen band-stacked LNB!)

Come to think of it, maybe the C/Ku LNBs could be thrown into that test.
DMSI has a couple of models , and so does SatAV.

It looks like it will work.

However, all three other suggestions above are considerably less expensive.
Even the Invacom, which I'll wager is the winner, at least on paper.
(but reviews would still be nice).

If anyone wants to perform a shoot-off between the three different LNBFs, we will provide one for the test. Let us know who to send it to and commit to posting the results on SatelliteGuys within a reasonable time frame.

So they do! :D

Since the specs are . . . different, is there any chance we could get a shoot-off between 'em?
And for a real treat, maybe the Invacom combo, too?
(say, as long as you had the Invacom horn, maybe you could also bolt it to an EagleAspen band-stacked LNB!)

Come to think of it, maybe the C/Ku LNBs could be thrown into that test.
DMSI has a couple of models , and so does SatAV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts