2 522 bugs in new software, maybe already mentioned...

rshapiro6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
Just in case E* reads the forums, I want to just post my two most recent and annoying bugs with the new software.

1. Headbanger's Ball set to record weekly but the last episode was no scheduled due to it's not being a new episode. However, it WAS a new episode, it was just bumped out due to a special that aired when Dimebag Darrell was killed. So, I knew this wasn't the 522's fault, I went in to the scheduler and used the override feature to re-enable the recording. End result? It was still skipped and I missed the show. I think at some point, the DVR is refreshing guide data and decided that it knew better than I did, and changed my mind for me.

2. Scheduled Dishpass for all seinfelds, but after my hard drive started losing lots of space (like 6 seinfelds a day!) I changed my mind. Not so fast, removing a dishpass doesn't remove the timers that dishpass had scheduled. My only options were to let the seinfeld marathon run it's course and delete what I could or manually removed the timers from every day. Tivo did this automatically, why can't we do it???

Thanks... I'm sure that second one was mentioned, but I just wanted to get these out there. Has anyone compiled a known issues list, if not for E* for us, so we can know what has and has not been reported?