2/6/2009 5:42am Uplink Activity Report - 9 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/6/2009 5:42am - 9 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/06/2009 05:07A - 02/06/2009 05:42A

Channel Moves:
5409 - CSNCA [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)
5415 - FOXAZ [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)
5416 - FOXSW [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)
5421 - CSTNO [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam (A) (H)
5424 - CSNMA [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam (A) (H)
9546 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam (A) (H)
9552 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)
9561 - NBAHD [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (A)
9567 - NBAHD [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 25 ConUS beam to Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)

Channels in the system: 6507
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Whats the point of moving transponders evey day?I have never understood that.Seems like a waste of time to me .Unless its for spot beam coverage of a local event I don't get it.Those are national stations.

they are sports moves, they are being moved from being on an empty slate (using next to 0 bandwidth) to being put somewhere so they can show a game that day.

Both Transponders have the slate. The biggest reason for moving is to find a receiver that is not busy to provide the content. Tp 25 has 6 receivers and Tp 27 has 4 receivers

I plan to have the sports moves turned off again on 129 this weekend after I finish some things in the current code base of the uplink tool.

Just skip those 3:10am PST changes each night.

That is incorrect programming procedure, the same sort of thinking that causes programming errors like the DishDVR failing to record events.

The correct programming procedure is for the code to act based on the actual desired outcome - skip daily transponder changes due to sporting events - rather than coincidental characteristics such as the time of day of the change.

If he implemented the 3:10am filter, then a) he would have to redo it every time they changed the time, and b) we would lose all non-sports changes that coincidentally occurred at 3:10am.

That is incorrect programming procedure, the same sort of thinking that causes programming errors like the DishDVR failing to record events.

The correct programming procedure is for the code to act based on the actual desired outcome - skip daily transponder changes due to sporting events - rather than coincidental characteristics such as the time of day of the change.

If he implemented the 3:10am filter, then a) he would have to redo it every time they changed the time, and b) we would lose all non-sports changes that coincidentally occurred at 3:10am.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Plus I want to capture other things that might happen to those channels.

Have you seen all the changes happened last years at 3:10am each day ?
Wild guessing is not the way to create procedures.

Have you seen all the changes happened last years at 3:10am each day ?
Wild guessing is not the way to create procedures.

Ya know, you continously come in here and bitch about how Digi does this. I for one think he busts his ass to make this as good as possible! I also don't get my panties in a bunch every time something is posted that we really don't need to know.

I have this amazing ability to skip right past it. :rolleyes:

How about this, write you own code, do your own uplink report or whatever you want to call it and post to your own thread!

Last edited:
Regardless I'm sticking with the filters instead of the time. Much safer to me.
Here is a case in point. These occured along with the morning sports move at 6:10 AM ET. If the time feature was implemented they would not have shown up.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/1/2009 5:42am - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/01/2009 05:07A - 02/01/2009 05:42A

Channel Package Flag Changes:
387 - CI [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam changed to shown in non-sub's guides (A)
387 - CI [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 03 ConUS beam changed to shown in non-sub's guides (A)

Channels in the system: 6509
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Ya know, you continously come in here and bitch about how Digi does this. I for one thing he busts his ass to make this as good as possible! I also don't get my panties in a bunch every time something is posted that we really don't need to know.

I have this amazing ability to skip right past it. :rolleyes:

How about this, write you own code, do your own uplink report or whatever you want to call it and post to your own thread!

agreed. :)
I guess Smitty doesnt like when his "ideas" get shot down (and this is coming from...as he put it...the FTA czar) :rolleyes:

I guess we need to crack open a new receiver so he can see the pics of the inside :rolleyes: