2/6/2009 5:42am Uplink Activity Report - 9 changes

Asked what I thought was a simple question and go out for a bit and come back to a page 2 of bullshi*.So my day ended up knowing partly what the TP moves are for but it still does not seem right to me.A conus beam is a conus beam.If our tryin to save power turn the uplink off.Something isn't right here.Sorry to make it bold again

Asked what I thought was a simple question and go out for a bit and come back to a page 2 of bullshi*.So my day ended up knowing partly what the TP moves are for but it still does not seem right to me.A conus beam is a conus beam.If our tryin to save power turn the uplink off.Something isn't right here.Sorry to make it bold again

Lets say it's Dish way to manage their own tasks.

Asked what I thought was a simple question and go out for a bit and come back to a page 2 of bullshi*... Something isn't right here.
Yes, it's right. Hendrix gave you the answer right after your OP. Dish is doing this not to save power (which is free solar power on a satellite), but rather to save bandwidth. Bandwidth is a precious commodity in this business. Dish has noted that the sports networks aren't doing much of interest most of the time, and therefore do not require a full-time big-bandwidth HD signal. So they can scrimp and save bandwidth by moving channels around such that they only take up that bandwidth when the big games is on.

Here is a case in point. These occured along with the morning sports move at 6:10 AM ET. If the time feature was implemented they would not have shown up.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/1/2009 5:42am - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/01/2009 05:07A - 02/01/2009 05:42A

Channel Package Flag Changes:
387 - CI [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam changed to shown in non-sub's guides (A)
387 - CI [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 03 ConUS beam changed to shown in non-sub's guides (A)

Channels in the system: 6509
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
I did check files from that night and don't see any changes in SDT v14 12:00am 2/1/9 and v15 3:10am 2/1/0 and v16 4:00am 2/1/9 - they are indentical.

Perhaps a blip in your algos ? Or that info came from EIT ? Any stream source of the report ? What descriptor ?

Searching for the type of changes I saw it happened just 5 times starting last December. Why it wasn't in older reports ?

Last edited:
Is CSTNO the cox sports channel in New Orleans? If it is when did it change to conus? I thought it was on a spotbeam. Could this mean they are planning on adding it to the sports package at some point? Thanks in advance for any answers.

I did check files from that night and don't see any changes in SDT v14 12:00am 2/1/9 and v15 3:10am 2/1/0 and v16 4:00am 2/1/9 - they are indentical.

Perhaps a blip in your algos ? Or that info came from EIT ? Any stream source of the report ? What descriptor ?

Searching for the type of changes I saw it happened just 5 times starting last December. Why it wasn't in older reports ?
SDT Descriptor Tag 132(dec.) went away at that time

Is CSTNO the cox sports channel in New Orleans? If it is when did it change to conus? I thought it was on a spotbeam. Could this mean they are planning on adding it to the sports package at some point? Thanks in advance for any answers.
The high def cst channel is conus because it is only very part time. It moves around depending on how many and which games dish shows in hd. They only show a few hornets games in hd. The 24 hour sd cst is on spotbeam.

SDT Descriptor Tag 132(dec.) went away at that time
Interesting. 0x84 - I've seen it only with SSD service [ch 36860], so is it start appearing for regular channels recently ? Very strange.
Isn't something new, what implemented last month or two ?
As I saw it in reports here only last two months and only 5 times.

Interesting. 0x84 - I've seen it only with SSD service [ch 36860], so is it start appearing for regular channels recently ? Very strange.
Isn't something new, what implemented last month or two ?
As I saw it in reports here only last two months and only 5 times.

It has been in use since the world began, so to speak.

OK, didn't go back "since the world began", but in SDTs at 2007, 2008 or 2009 the 0x84 had just one byte, ie the length = zero and doesn't carry any data.
Actually, how the descriptor without any value could tell us about "changed to shown in non-sub's guides" ?

OK, didn't go back "since the world began", but in SDTs at 2007, 2008 or 2009 the 0x84 had just one byte, ie the length = zero and doesn't carry any data.
Actually, how the descriptor without any value could tell us about "changed to shown in non-sub's guides" ?
Simple. When it is there, the channel is (H)idden in non-sub's guides. When it is not there it is shown or not hidden (in non sub's guides). It has never carried any data.

Last edited: