2/6/2013 9:36am - Uplink Activity Report - 178 changes

Am I reading it correct.? Pittsburgh moved to spot from conus?

no they moved from the old 61.5 spotbeam satellite to the new one
navigates is talking about Pittsburgh PA, Iceberg is talking about Pittsburg KS that switched spotbeams in this report.

Pittsburgh PA switches from conus to spotbeam next week. (barring any more delays)

Am I reading this right? Albany, NY PBS & CW finally uplinked in HD? Please tell me it's not a mirage!

5195(45) - WCWN [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1080 (Mkt:Albany, NY-Schenectady, NY-CW) (A) (H)
5196(17) - WMHT [MPEG4 HD] added to Unknown TID#1080 (Mkt:Albany, NY-Schenectady, NY-PBS) (A) (H)

Have you tried an antenna booster? With my roof top antenna, rotor and booster? With that type of set up, I can receive Syracuse NY locals which are over 50 miles away.

Terrain has much to do about distances of receiving signals. I have found the better way than an actual antenna signal booster, is the indoor distribution booster. In many cases the antenna is getting the signal, but gets lost in the cable run to the receiver. I say better because I have had two antenna boosters get zapped by lightning. (My antenna is well grounded) While my indoor distribution booster has now lasted for over three years with no problems. It's the difference in getting all the Springfield Mass OTA channels, or only one.

I have tried an indoor booster, it did not help. I have tried switching the coax from the TV to the receiver, didn't help. I tried eliminating the tv, having no splits from the antenna. I have no problem getting Mt Tom (springfield - wgby and wggb) on my tv tuner. Wwlp is out because I have to aim through a radio transmitter, I can see in my back window. I can also get worcester uni, no problem, and even utica wktv, no problem on my tv. The dish tuner just can not pull them in. Interestingly, high vhf is a problem because of the microinverters on my solar array. Not a hugh issue because it is fine at night.

I was having so many issues with the dish receiver, I have removed the antenna input to it and have combined it with the TV 2 output to the other tvs in the house, so I have ota on them now. The dish receiver would screw up recordings, if I left the ota tuned to a weak channel.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, but I really think it is the quality of the tuner on my 722k.

Do I understand correctly? Dish is not prohibited from importing wgby, it is their decision not to negotiate and provide it. Wgby and wgbh are the state's pbs channels

I have tried an indoor booster, it did not help. I have tried switching the coax from the TV to the receiver, didn't help. I tried eliminating the tv, having no splits from the antenna. I have no problem getting Mt Tom (springfield - wgby and wggb) on my tv tuner. Wwlp is out because I have to aim through a radio transmitter, I can see in my back window. I can also get worcester uni, no problem, and even utica wktv, no problem on my tv. The dish tuner just can not pull them in. Interestingly, high vhf is a problem because of the microinverters on my solar array. Not a hugh issue because it is fine at night.

I was having so many issues with the dish receiver, I have removed the antenna input to it and have combined it with the TV 2 output to the other tvs in the house, so I have ota on them now. The dish receiver would screw up recordings, if I left the ota tuned to a weak channel.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, but I really think it is the quality of the tuner on my 722k.

Do I understand correctly? Dish is not prohibited from importing wgby, it is their decision not to negotiate and provide it. Wgby and wgbh are the state's pbs channels

Take a look where Eastern Ct is. (Ashford, Mansfield general area) From there on the Dish receiver I can get all the Springfield stations, and UNI (if I wanted to) from Worcester. That is with an $89 radio shack antenna 15 feet up. But only if I use the indoor booster. Otherwise only WWLP. My TV tuner is better, but not by much.

Dish does carry WGBY, along with WWLP(NBC) and WSHM(CBS)

Thanks, I know we have the same TV. My dish tuner was never great, though it was ok until this past fall. I replaced my antenna and wiring after that. My TV is great., locks and keeps a signal I wonder if it is a software issue (happened right after an update) or a hardware issue - the OTA in my 722k went slightly bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)