2.81 In Wide Release

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
Looks like 2.81 just went wide. :D If you haven't gotten it yet make sure your receiver is set to "Download Without My Permission" and power off for about 15 minutes.

NightRyder

Any idea on why DISH did a limited release? I am looking forward to seeing the upgrades and any residual effects it may or may not have.
Thanks for the Info.

Kevinw said:
Any idea on why DISH did a limited release? I am looking forward to seeing the upgrades and any residual effects it may or may not have.
Thanks for the Info.

It is very common for Dish to roll out releases. My guess for the main reason for this is so that if a real ugly bug get released to the wild there is minimal impact.

I am sure that they also want to limit the number of calls into service asking about a new feature that they know see on their box.

My understanding why the limited release was because of the EPG guide enhancement. They wanted to make sure that it did not severly break something. Having said that, I don't see this release being any different in terms of rollout as the last couple. Feels the same to me

I can see how a bad release could paralyze the system. I have received all the previous releases with in moments of being posted here. That makes it is easy to forget the a gradual release makes better sense.

Yeah this is/was pretty much SOP for Dish. Back when I first subscribed to Dish I had a 4700 and they had a bad SW release. I was lucky because mine recovered but Dish had to replace a bunch of them. You'll find as the number of 811 receivers increase so will the average roll-out time.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)