2 Days, 2 722's! ???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I swear Dish has got to be the most disorganized, incompetent company in existence. I had a 622 installed a few weeks back. That in itself was an unbelievable nightmare that took over a week and literally hours on the phone to resolve. I won't bore everyone with the details. At the same time, because my 921 locked up while he was here, the installer got me a supervisor that agreed to send me another one at no cost. The replacement they sent was WAY worse than the one I'd had, almost unusable. After lots more phone time I actually got an intelligent American cs supervisor that agreed to allow me to upgrade to a 722--I've been with them almost 10 years. I was adamant that I was entirely competent to install it and wanted them to ship it as I didn't want to go through another bunch of no-show appointments for an "installation", which amounted to disconnecting the 921 and connecting the 722. He told me that they had them in stock and that it would be no problem to ship it. After waiting 10days I called trying to get a tracking #. L-O-N-G story short, LOTS more quality phone time and after asking for a supervisor I'm told that under NO circumstances will they ship it, it HAS to be "installed"! She even told me part of the reason was because they, in fact, did not have any in stock! :mad: ANOTHER wait, this time a week. Saturday evening a guy shows up with my 722 and I hook it up while he does the paperwork. Finally, the saga ends??? Negative. UPS just pulled into my drive a half hour ago. You guessed it, a nice brown box with a 722 receiver inside. :rolleyes: Unbelievable. Now I'll have to go through the phone merry-go-round to get an RA and pray to God that when it's returned I will actually get credit for sending it back! BTW, I had TWO 921's sent to me back when I first did that upgrade and went through hell trying to get them to send me an RA & box to send the extra one back. This is like a very bad sitcom,:( I had a small business of my own and if I ran it the way Dish does I wouldn't have made it 6 months.

ED

i see soooo many post for no show techs.. this must be a huge problem elsewhere.. i have NEVER just not shown up. the only time i dont make it to a house is if i cant map to your house and cant get the "call screeners" to answer.. word of wisdom.. if you know you have an appointment.. answer the phone no matter the #. that situation sucks dude.. sorry for the bad deal..

i see soooo many post for no show techs.. this must be a huge problem elsewhere.. i have NEVER just not shown up. the only time i dont make it to a house is if i cant map to your house and cant get the "call screeners" to answer.. word of wisdom.. if you know you have an appointment.. answer the phone no matter the #. that situation sucks dude.. sorry for the bad deal..

Good for you if you just take a minute to call somone waiting for you to tell 'em your running late or even can't make it. I put off upgrading this last time forever 'cause I dreaded going through the B.S. to get the job done. 4 different appointments, 2 complete no-shows/no-calls. 3rd one showed up at 4:30 in the afternoon for a 8-noon appointment with no heads up phone call. System wasn't working properly when he left at almost 10 and it took me long aggravating phone time to finally get someone out that knew what they were doing, 4 days later! He got here at about 6 for another 8-12 appointment, again no phone call. He did get things hooked up right though, thank God. The system is a mess! Overworked and undertrained installers and what seems to be no communication between subcontractors and Dish. If I've got a subcontractor that hasn't showed up I have to get on the phone forever to finally have them give me their phone # so I can call them?? I thought they worked for Dish?:confused: I could go on & on but I'll spare you. It's really a shame. When I 1st got Dish they were great. If you had a problem you picked up the phone and got an intelligent English speaking csr that actually cared about your problem and wanted to keep you as a happy customer. Nowadays everone you talk to has a different story for any question you ask and most seem not to give a damn about whether or not you continue to be a customer. I used be Dish's #1 fan. I love the product but after the crap I've been through (not once or twice but over & over) I wouldn't recommend 'em to ANYONE. :mad:Sorry for the long rant!
Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes, I foresee something like this happening to me as well. With every call, it's like opening a new chapter on your account and you have to start all over as each chapter grows in length and confusion. I hope I don't get a receiver in the mail (being as they told me the wrong one was shipped anyway), but I am afraid I might. So, it's true what they say.....if it's not broken, don't fix it :rolleyes:

Yeah but dammit it IS broken and they need to get it fixed!!lol I honestly am a very reasonable individual and have spent most of my working life in one customer service/sales postion or another so I'm not hard to get along with. This last experience was like a Candid Camera episode only it wasn't very humorous........Hope you're upgrade goes like clockwork. I still believe in miracles, :rolleyes:

Ed