2 different sets of locals in guide?

scubasteve

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
US
I was out on a T.C. the other day, issue being customer just did a dish mover from Tenn. area to Central Florida, now on both of customers receivers the Local channels from both areas show up in the guide. (722 and a 211 non k). I have verified with Dish that only the Central Florida locals are on the account, several times. Have even had them remove locals from programming and add them back just to make sure. Ran several check switch test on each RX, once disconnected from dish to clear switch, with the same result, both sets of locals showing. Have had customer turn off 722 and clear timers over night and the 211 same thing even tried to unplug 211 for 5-6 hours. Every time again both sets of locals still showing. Was told to let Rx sit powered down so they could update and they would be fine in the morning. Now 5 days from original start of issue it is still there. Equipment 722 211 1K4 EA Any help to resolve this issue would be great, and thanks in advance.

IF you want them gone immediately I suggest that you lock out the other set of locals. I would also check and see if you are getting charged for two sets of locals on your bill. I had this happen once or twice where I "moved" and then "moved" back and I got two sets of locals and I had a charge for another set of locals for $5.99 on my bill, as well as my regular set included in my regular programming pack. I had to call DISH and make sure that they removed the other set, so I didn't get double charged.

Yep, it happens. I bought a receiver from a person in a neighboring dma, and it took 2 months for their locals to go away. I called Dish several times, and they said don't sweat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)