2 Dish Superdish Solution - Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pulltab

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2004
San Diego
Here is my setup...

Customer cannot have a Superdish (size, location, etc).....but 2 DISH SOLUTION has been prescribed..... 110, 119 and 121 (Indian Channels)

Equipment:

1 - DISH 500 WITH DPP+ (Funky) (easily hitting the 110 and 119 and peaked)

1 - DISH 500 with STANDARD DUAL ...and running single RG-6 from this dish to 3rd "LNB IN" on Funky LNB on DISH 500. (and pointed at 121, no signal)

I should get SUPERDISH (110, 119,121) with this setup???? right... powering only a single 811 hi def..... I have the coordinates to locate the 121, but no success as of yet.

Any "tweaks" to check on the receiver side? (check switch, Superdish button, etc)

Living in San Diego area, clear sky, no trees.....have been told by cronies that it will be difficult to distinguish between the 119 and 121, but to have patience.

Trying to complete this for tomorrow morning......(finish it up)

Thanks in advance for you help....

Apples & Oranges

Don't waste ur time dude; u ain't gonna get a superdish signal without a special lnbf that doesn't go on a D500. The Superdishes, 105,121 send out an FSS signal which is different than what the other birds pump out... ur "standard dual" can't even understand the "super" dish signal............ :cool:

uWILLknow said:
Don't waste ur time dude; u ain't gonna get a superdish signal without a special lnbf that doesn't go on a D500. The Superdishes, 105,121 send out an FSS signal which is different than what the other birds pump out... ur "standard dual" can't even understand the "super" dish signal............ :cool:
If that is the problem, I saw on e-bay somebody who just offers the three lnb's for the superdish for last time I checked around $25.- - he could us the single lnb for the dish 500 and get 121.
Hope it helps!

The other half of the problem is that the 105 or 121 satellite REQUIRES a larger dish to get enough signal strength. There is no way the 22" dish 500 can provide enough gain, even if you use the correct LNB.

Thanks guys for the info. Didn't realize that the majority of the programming that I needed was on the 148....... pointed there and presto.

I know that some of the "other" exotic international programming is only available witha Superdish, so I will have to ask the customer for any "specific" requests for those channels///

Thanks again, guys.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)