2 dishes 3 satellites 2 receivers. ws2076 and world direct dishes. can I make this work w/your help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4sakntaln

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
I'd like everyone's thoughts on this layout.... I picked up a directv world dish.... I'm hoping to pick up two satellites with it... The two combinations will either be 83w and 89w... Or 97w and 103w... My understanding is that the lnb's are 6 degrees apart... Will it be possible to pick up one of those 2 combo's?

Now my second dish will be aimed at just one satellite... probably 97...with the world direct pointed at 83 and 89...

I've got 3 x twin lnb's I won't be using any of the lnb's included with the worlddirect dish ... I have two zinwell wb68's ( my understanding is that I can use these as just 4x4 switches)...So 2 of the lnb's with four leads will plug into first wb68...the second satellite with 2 leads will plug into the second wb68...so with 4 leads total coming out of the wb68's...two switches will drop those four leads down to two...and those two leads will feed 2 receivers allowing me to indepedently watch anything on those satellites on two different receivers

Check our FAQ department for wiring of multiple multi switches through diseqc switches.
Might be pretty much at the bottom.
Thread is: Switches Simplified
edit: post 9, but you may benefit from reading entire FAQ
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/134124-Switch-setups-simplified?p=1344316#post1344316

The World dish is 97 & 101, if I recall
The 101 is a circular LNBF mounted off center.
97w is bore site , and using the original feedhorn will work very well.
Substuting an LNBF with a round feedhorn, will sacrafice performance.
Whether that matters depends on the satellite.
There are replacement LNBs which will bolt right in place to the 97 feedhorn, if your LNB doesn't have two outputs.
The vendor is: http://impaktproducts.com/

This should be enough to get you pointed the right way. :up

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.