2 dishes for 61 and 72

ryans80

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I was wondering if i could use 2 dtv single lnb dishes to pickup 61 and 72 if so what kind of switch would i need could i use just a standard diseq swich, Also will a 3 lnb dtv dish work with dish to just receive one sat.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply iceberg. One more question can i just use the one dtv 3lnb dish to receiver just 61.5 only with a 211 receiver so i can get hd only content. I seen in one of your post to use the lnb on the right. Also do you run checkswitch.

yes you can use the Phase III and correct, use the right LNB (if standing behind the dish) to aim the dish at 61.5

yes run a check switch...it should only pick up 61.5 (if aimed right)

good luck

garys

The 1000.4 dish would give you a one dish solution.

Yes a 1000.4 would work and is probably what I will end up doing if LOS is not an issue (will know better when this long winter decides to let up some), but a single LNBF on a dish 500 just to 61.5 would have been the cat's you know what:D.
Gerry

Yes a 1000.4 would work and is probably what I will end up doing if LOS is not an issue (will know better when this long winter decides to let up some), but a single LNBF on a dish 500 just to 61.5 would have been the cat's you know what:D.
Gerry

So true, I got 61.5 through an opening of surrounding trees. Not sure if I could get 72 or 77. No problem getting 110/119, I have to live with two dishes.

I also....

So true, I got 61.5 through an opening of surrounding trees. Not sure if I could get 72 or 77. No problem getting 110/119, I have to live with two dishes.

have two dishes here at the house. Same setup that you have. Looked at going to a 1000.4 but have a pine tree in the way for the 72.7/77 part of the situation. Will have to live with 2 dishes here. We bought a camper at a lake and that is what I was talking about above. In the one time we have been there and using dishpointer-com it looks like 61.5 will be fine but I won't know about the other two until I get back up there and evaluate clearing the tops of the trees..
Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)