2 Dishes for HD CBS

Jim88GT said:
Dish told me there was a charge to install the 2nd dish for HD CBS but the install is free if I get the 2nd dish for channel 40.

How does the 2nd dish wire in to the receiver? Do I need 2 cables from the receiver to the dishes?
Thanks,

Out of curiosity, what did you do to get the HD CBS? Are you part of their 'selected area'? I'm currenlty trying to get the HD CBS and it's been sort of a nightmare. Called dish, they say: call your local for a waiver. Call the local they say: we don't give waivers. Call dish back tell them what my local say and they say: call you local station for a waiver. can you say LOUSY costumer service??? So, the guy my local suggested me to first call dish and tell them to request a waiver from them to get the distant network CBS. My local will give me that waiver. After that, I should be able to get my HD CBS. Confused? So am I!!! What I don't understand is, why can my local give a waiver for distant network CBS, but not for the distant HD CBS????

Fgsilva said:
Out of curiosity, what did you do to get the HD CBS? Are you part of their 'selected area'?

Yes, I happen to live in a CBS owned market.

I’m glad to hear you got CBS HD. Is it HD all the time? Is the programming the same as your local CBS?

Thanks,

Go to dishnetwork.com and sign it go to locals and you can do the waiver request for CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. I just did it every 90 days and they finally gave me everything!

Jim88GT said:
Yes, I happen to live in a CBS owned market.

I’m glad to hear you got CBS HD. Is it HD all the time? Is the programming the same as your local CBS?

Thanks,

Actually to be precise, it's the CBS digital from LA. It's what I would get if got the Over the Air signal using an antenna. I tried also to ask for NY CBS HD but they didn't give it to me. Now, the hig def is not all the time (like we got for example with the Discovery HD) and only for some prime time shows. But it's still better than NO HD on the network stations.

chastulsa said:
Go to dishnetwork.com and sign it go to locals and you can do the waiver request for CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. I just did it every 90 days and they finally gave me everything!

What??? DO you mean they gave you the digital NBC, ABC and Fox also??? I thought the only digital network channel they had was CBS???

Yeah, I'm in Pittsburgh and used the Channel 40 loophole to get a free 2nd dish install for the HD channels. Had no interest in channel 40, I don't think I ever even tuned into it. Well I think I did once since they used to have this show called "Teen Sex". I had to check it out to see what it was - but seeing as its a religious channel, it was just trying to dissuade teens from having sex - I was quite disappointed. Is CBS-HD the only one you need a 2nd dish for now?

If you are in Pittsburgh, you should be able to pull in an OTA signal for CBS pretty easily, its the strongest digital channel in the city, so if you can't get a 2nd dish installed, just throw up a UHF antenna for it.

Fgsilva said:
What??? DO you mean they gave you the digital NBC, ABC and Fox also??? I thought the only digital network channel they had was CBS???

correct. The only HD channel on Dish is CBS. The rest you have to get OTA

Jeraden said:
Yeah, I'm in Pittsburgh and used the Channel 40 loophole to get a free 2nd dish install for the HD channels. Had no interest in channel 40, I don't think I ever even tuned into it. Well I think I did once since they used to have this show called "Teen Sex". I had to check it out to see what it was - but seeing as its a religious channel, it was just trying to dissuade teens from having sex - I was quite disappointed. Is CBS-HD the only one you need a 2nd dish for now?

If you are in Pittsburgh, you should be able to pull in an OTA signal for CBS pretty easily, its the strongest digital channel in the city, so if you can't get a 2nd dish installed, just throw up a UHF antenna for it.

I used the 2nd PBS we had in Minneapolis to get the 2nd dish. 5 minutes after the guy left, hooked up the dish for ExpressVu.

Iceberg said:
correct. The only HD channel on Dish is CBS. The rest you have to get OTA

:( Yep, but in my case cause I live in an area that's a blackhole for digital signal, so OTA for me will NOT happen (unless I get a 200-foot tower with an antenna on top of it!!!) :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)