larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
2 h25 and 1 hr34

i have 2hd 24 and hr 34 and i have mrv viewing if i add a hr24 to my computer room or replace h25 can i record without connect to the mrv? Is there a way i cannot share by being on mrv from the hr24 and watch my own programs? I had so many problems with h24 freezing on playback .I need answer on this.I enjoy westerns and my wife rather watch something else.i know i can record 5 programs on hr34 no fun the h24 freeze up.

i have 2hd 24 and hr 34 and i have mrv viewing if i add a hr24 to my computer room or replace h25 can i record without connect to the mrv? Is there a way i cannot share by being on mrv from the hr24 and watch my own programs? I had so many problems with h24 freezing on playback .

later on i decide to remove one of the h24 will i need to up grade my swm set up and that will give me 8 tuners.I know i'm asking dumb question but i know the peoples satellite guy will help best thing we got going for technical advice.

Is there a way i cannot share by being on mrv from the hr24 and watch my own programs? I had so many problems with h24 freezing on playback .
As long as you don't care about being connected to the Internet, you can assign a baloney IP address (something outside the range of your existing receivers) to your HR24 and it won't appear on the DECA network. If you need the HR24 to be connected to the Internet, you can create a subnet (using the subnet mask) so that the other boxes can't see the HR24 (and vice versa).

have a bless day thank you for help i understand now how to do it.

Last edited:
well i need the wireless decca ?if not how will i set the subnet to get the hr24 on the internet without it being on the decca internet ?the hr 24 will be here monday.

larry55 said:
well i need the wireless decca ?if not how will i set the subnet to get the hr24 on the internet without it being on the decca internet ?the hr 24 will be here monday.

Why not just remove sharing from the HR24 and keep it on the network if you decide you want to share from it you will just have to swap settings in the receiver

Go into Settings and Help, settings, Whole HOme, and chose to not share the playlist.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)