2 HDTV's to 1 receiver

springwoodslasher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Indiana
I've heard people say on here that you can hook a HD receiver to 2 tv's and output HD to both tv's by having hdmi on one and component on the other. The only downfall is you'd have to watch the same program on both tv's. I don't really want to go through the hassle of getting a 2nd receiver just to watch HD in the bedroom when we are laying down at night. My wife and I usually only watch 1 tv at a time anyway.

So, my question is, hooking it up this way when we want to watch tv2 in the bedroom turn the receiver into a single tuner so we could only record one show while it's hooked up like that? If so, is there a way around it like unplugging the hdmi cable to tv1? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Operate it in single mode and you won't have to think about which tuner is recording and which you are viewing unless both are recording. The single/dual mode button is small and to the right of the front-panel power button inside the right-hand flap. Hard to read those labels without a flashlight. And you can use either remote.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts