2 Hooper w/ Joeys & leaving behind bad 922

remotetveic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Denver, CO
I've currently got a bad 922. This is my 3rd one. Went out last week. Tried putting multiple fans both from below and from side to side. None of that worked. Luckily we were able to get all of our stuff off the hard drive prior to it going completely South. I've always liked the 922 - but now it's time to move on. I do have the Protection Plan so I could just swap out the 922 and keep enjoying my programming. I've got a 922 and a 622 system. The 622 is mostly all the kids programs minus the additional stuff the wife records. I know all about the PTA. I travel extensively due to work - and the added benefit of the integration of the iPad feature is huge for me to catch up on programming while in the air.

Here's my question. I'm looking at a 2 Hopper / 3 or 4 Joey system. Are there members out there that have a Hopper / Joey setup to 1 TV or putting 2 Hoppers next each other with Joeys at other locations? Without having to go to the other Hopper to program timers - it could be done from the Joey (as well as being done from on-line). Our current setup with the 922 / 622 system is set up on just one TV with the 622 distributed to the bedroom TV as of now.

The other TV's in the house have OTA going to them. All wiring is all RG6 and is all plumbed from inside the basement - so that's where the Duo Node will be placed as well. As well - I've got plenty of RG6 wire to the Living room to have 2 units at the one location.

Thanks for any info and I've enjoyed reading and being a member for years.

I've currently got a bad 922. This is my 3rd one. Went out last week. Tried putting multiple fans both from below and from side to side. None of that worked. Luckily we were able to get all of our stuff off the hard drive prior to it going completely South. I've always liked the 922 - but now it's time to move on. I do have the Protection Plan so I could just swap out the 922 and keep enjoying my programming. I've got a 922 and a 622 system. The 622 is mostly all the kids programs minus the additional stuff the wife records. I know all about the PTA. I travel extensively due to work - and the added benefit of the integration of the iPad feature is huge for me to catch up on programming while in the air.

Here's my question. I'm looking at a 2 Hopper / 3 or 4 Joey system. Are there members out there that have a Hopper / Joey setup to 1 TV or putting 2 Hoppers next each other with Joeys at other locations? Without having to go to the other Hopper to program timers - it could be done from the Joey (as well as being done from on-line). Our current setup with the 922 / 622 system is set up on just one TV with the 622 distributed to the bedroom TV as of now.

The other TV's in the house have OTA going to them. All wiring is all RG6 and is all plumbed from inside the basement - so that's where the Duo Node will be placed as well. As well - I've got plenty of RG6 wire to the Living room to have 2 units at the one location.

Thanks for any info and I've enjoyed reading and being a member for years.

I have a Hopper and Hopper with Sling connected to my living room TV ad a Joey in my bedroom. I set timers for both in my living room, I just change the HDMI input to toggle back and forth.

i dont see why not, it may take sme getting used to but you can make it work for you. also, the hopper navigation/menus is very similar to the 922. but you'll like the hopper better im sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)