2 Hopper/4Joey system installed yesterday - AWESOME!

mslainte

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
SoCal
Installer came yesterday and upgraded my 1 ViP 922/2 222K system yesterday.

He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Showed him where the Hoppers (and HIC) and Joeys would be installed. He surveyed exterior setup, cleaned up cabling, added DuoNode, and set to work updating and bringing the Hoppers online. The first had no problems. The second one had some problems talking to the mother ship - but after a few resets, started to behave. Hoppers setup and activated, Joeys were then powered on and updated. All 6 HD TVs working! Hoorah!

I was very happy with the 922, but being that it is now an end-of-life product, I upgraded. So far, am very pleased with it. Interface is very familiar (because of working with the 922).

Many thanks to Mary and the DIRT Team who helped make this happen!

Many thanks to Marcos (the local installer) who made the experience a good one.

What a great community we have here at SatelliteGuys.us! Glad to be a part of it!

Peace,
Mykal

I too had a great install experience yesterday with 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. I did have each location prepped which made the installer's job easier. He did replace my dish which was about 12 years old. It took him about three hours to complete the job and he had no issues connecting and syncing everything. Both Hoppers are seeing the Internet So far everything is working as advertised although I haven't tested my EHDs yet. I am still learning the new UI but liking it so far. Looking forward to eventually getting the OTA module and hopefully connectivity between the Hoppers.

I also like the new scheduling system that Dish has and the real-time updates from the installers tablet system. Prevented me from having to sit around wondering when the installer was going to show up. The appointment was scheduled from 12 - 5 and was updated late morning to say he would arrive @ 2:35 - and he was there at 2:30. Pretty slick

Thanks to Matt (DIRT) for setting up the install!!!!!!

Installer came yesterday and upgraded my 1 ViP 922/2 222K system yesterday.

He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Showed him where the Hoppers (and HIC) and Joeys would be installed. He surveyed exterior setup, cleaned up cabling, added DuoNode, and set to work updating and bringing the Hoppers online. The first had no problems. The second one had some problems talking to the mother ship - but after a few resets, started to behave. Hoppers setup and activated, Joeys were then powered on and updated. All 6 HD TVs working! Hoorah!

I was very happy with the 922, but being that it is now an end-of-life product, I upgraded. So far, am very pleased with it. Interface is very familiar (because of working with the 922).

Many thanks to Mary and the DIRT Team who helped make this happen!

Many thanks to Marcos (the local installer) who made the experience a good one.

What a great community we have here at SatelliteGuys.us! Glad to be a part of it!

Peace,
Mykal

You will find a lot of friendly and good information on this site!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)