2 Hoppers and 1 Joey

iasnellman

Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Iowa
So I decided to upgrade to the Hopper this week. After research I determined that with the Teenagers and viewing habits in my house that it would be best to go with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. When I called dish, they told me that 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey was not possible that I had to have at least 2 Joeys. I really only need 3 receivers although I could put 1 Joey in my 2 youngest children's room if I have to.

Those of you that have a 2 hopper 1 joey setup how did you accomplish this? Do I need to tell the installer when he comes. They are coming next Tues to install (can't wait to try the PTAT feature, hopefully the wife likes it because she doesn't like change). I don't want to pay the extra $7 for the extra Joey unless I have no other choice.

DISH's computer system wont let 2 hoppers and 1 joey configuration.

If you want that kind of configuration you will need to contact your local DISH retailer who can set this up for you.

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH's computer system wont let 2 hoppers and 1 joey configuration.

If you want that kind of configuration you will need to contact your local DISH retailer who can set this up for you.
Local retailer worked for me 2 hoppers no joeys

Guess if I have to I will stick with the 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys because I was able to talk dish into 2 hoppers for the price of one so I guess I can't complain too much.

Can you get Two Hoppers and Two Joeys installed and then later change your mind say 4 months later and send one of the Joeys back after one of the kids goes off to College?

Will there me an cancellation fee for sending one back or are you locked into a Two Year contract to have 2 Joeys and 2 Hoppers like what you signed up with.
Is there a hidden fee for postage to mail it back? Or a one time cancel fee to turn it off like they used to do if you called to cancel HBO?

Ordered 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys from Dish. When the installer came we told him we changed our mind on the 2nd Joey and he said no problem. It was never an issue. You will love the 2 Hopper system and with 6 tuners and PTA we have not had any timer conflicts.:D

Can you get Two Hoppers and Two Joeys installed and then later change your mind say 4 months later and send one of the Joeys back after one of the kids goes off to College?

Will there me an cancellation fee for sending one back or are you locked into a Two Year contract to have 2 Joeys and 2 Hoppers like what you signed up with.
Is there a hidden fee for postage to mail it back? Or a one time cancel fee to turn it off like they used to do if you called to cancel HBO?

Cancellation fee is for the account. Removing receivers while under contract will only reduce your monthly bill by the leased/additional receiver fee. There would be no other charges.

Thanks for the replies guys. Can't wait to get the hopper system, I am tired of my wife's recordings interfering with my football. :)

iasnellman said:
Guess if I have to I will stick with the 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys because I was able to talk dish into 2 hoppers for the price of one so I guess I can't complain too much.

You can always send back the extra Joey that you don't need later on.

No extra charges for sending it back other than maybe shipping.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

3HaloODST said:
You can always send back the extra Joey that you don't need later on.

No extra charges for sending it back other than maybe shipping.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

As I read the different answers that folks seem to get, I don't understand Dish at all......as a new customer some 3 months ago, I quickly determined that 1 Hopper with 2 Joeys just wouldn't cut it for us. I called Customer Service, and they gladly ordered me a 2nd Hopper, set up a tech to install it, and allowed me to return the Joey. First Hopper was free, 2nd was $99 - a bargain as far as I was concerned.

I guess it's just a matter of who you talk to?? How can one CSR say "it can't be done" while another says "sure - no prob!"

Strange!

I had my 2 hoppers/1 joey system installed a few weeks ago. The installer mentioned that the way he had to do that was to set up a 2 hopper/2 joey system (which is what was delivered), and then uninstall one of the joeys. It was a non-problem, you just need to go through that extra hurdle to appease the computers.

I wonder if he'd "uninstall" 2 Joeys, in fact not even taking them out of their boxes.

I guess it's just a matter of who you talk to?? How can one CSR say "it can't be done" while another says "sure - no prob!"

Strange!

Well this is Dish we're talking about. Inconsistent/uninformed CSRs are the norm. Dish isn't alone in this prospect, though. DIRT is what makes Dish above the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)