2 hoppers off a single tap, OK?

Thank you.

So this was wrong information then. Is that setup OK though?

Would that be a reason why I am not getting Internet on the Joeys despite the Hopper is hardwired to the router?

I am thinking of inserting another tap on Hopper 2 for a client line that connects to a HIC for Internet; This would be 2 taps and 1 splitter overall. I thought one Hopper connected to Ethernet would be enough and there is no need for HIC but this is not the case with my setup.

Last edited:
Are your hoppers running software s213? If not, then wait for update and hopper will do same as a HIC.

A dish pro plus 500+ lnb has the switch built inside. The lnb picks up 119 118.7 and 110 orbitals. It has 3 outputs for receivers and 1 input that you would run the dp single to for the 129 orbital.

Are your hoppers running software s213? If not, then wait for update and hopper will do same as a HIC.

A dish pro plus 500+ lnb has the switch built inside. The lnb picks up 119 118.7 and 110 orbitals. It has 3 outputs for receivers and 1 input that you would run the dp single to for the 129 orbital.

Yes, both have s213 and the Joeys have 265. I am connecting both Hoppers to an Ethernet cable each. The Joeys show as not connected but I can access the Apps through them!!

Only one Hopper should be connected to an Ethernet. Connecting both Hoppers will cause you problems. Disconnect one Hooper and reboot your system and your Joeys should show as connected.

Only one Hopper should be connected to an Ethernet. Connecting both Hoppers will cause you problems. Disconnect one Hooper and reboot your system and your Joeys should show as connected.

I tried that still it did not work. It might have to do with how the system is wired. The Joeys are coming off a splitter that is fed by the client output of a tap so

Tap
Host----Hopper1
Client----Splitter

Splitter
Output1-----Joey1
Output2-----Joey2

what's not working on the joey? are able to access ondemand? are you able to access the apps?

The Joeys can access Apps just fine. I have not tried OnDemand. Yet, the network settings show the red "Failed" for the broadband connectivity instead of OK, which is puzzling me.

Problem solved.

It was all about bridging. It was disabled by default. Now, one Hopper is connected to Ethernet; that is it. I had to enable bridging.

I have the tech and he is replacing the antenna to DPP500+ but he is saying I still need the DP44 since the duo node only takes 3 inputs. I have international so I need all 4 Sats. Is there anyway to connect DPP500+ to duo node directly and still get all 4 Sats?

CCTX said:
I have the tech and he is replacing the antenna to DPP500+ but he is saying I still need the DP44 since the duo node only takes 3 inputs. I have international so I need all 4 Sats. Is there anyway to connect DPP500+ to duo node directly and still get all 4 Sats?

A dish pro plus 500+ lnb has 4 ports on it. 3 are outputs, 1 is input for another orbital. You run a small jumper from the dp single to the 500+ input port. Then you run 3 wires from the 3 outputs to the duo node. The dpp500+ has the switch built inside the lnb.

Last edited:
A dish pro plus 500+ lnb has 4 ports on it. 3 are outputs, 1 is input for another orbital. You run a small jumper from the dp single to the 500+ input port. Then you run 3 wires from the 3 outputs to the duo node. The dpp500+ has the switch built inside the lnb.

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, it was a little late. He already left. What a great forum full of knowledgeable people! By the way, he was a supervisor and he had the QC person with him and both did not know.