This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2 Hoppers w/sling & vip222k on one dish

Instead of cascading a 34 switch, get a 33 switch. 34 is DP, the 33 Switch is DPP and doesn't need the power inserter

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can do it that way, actually. I don't know why I didn't consider that. Brain farts!

That,s what i said i don't used them, i stand by what i said, i purchased alot off eBay without power supply for years, none of them fails, if someone plugs out the main receiver, why would i need to go back on site, can simply tell them to plug back in, does one have to be an authorized Dish distributor, to sell on eBay?

Instead of cascading a 34 switch, get a 33 switch. 34 is DP, the 33 Switch is DPP and doesn't need the power inserter
He needs four output, 3 for the duo node, 1 for the 222k, DPP33 only has 3, cannot cascade, the power inserter also has an input

Last edited:
You're obviously a hack. Why would they make a friggin Power Inserter if they're not needed? You sound like just another retailer who takes shortcuts to save a dime that a DNS tech has to go out and clean up after

Just to be abundantly clear, the DPP33 has no passthrough ports; a DP34 does. I see no reason why the OP can't put his power inserter and his 222 on the same output 1 of his DPP44. I also see no reason why he can't cascade the DP34 to the DPP44 and run 2 coaxes down to his 222, but why do that when just the DPP44 will do?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Man you need to came yourself down, you take Dishnetwork bussiness too personal, years ago i purchased alot of used DPP44 switch w/power inserter off eBay, the power inserter that came with them, none of them work, the power supplys all burnt out, i decided try without the power inserter it work, over four years now, if that option was damaging the receiver or the switch i would have stop, i am not in any tracing match
You're obviously a hack. Why would they make a friggin Power Inserter if they're not needed? You sound like just another retailer who takes shortcuts to save a dime that a DNS tech has to go out and clean up after

Because he has a plus lnb, won't work with the DP34

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
So I found a new in the box dpp44 with power inserter for $25+$11 shipping.. going that route now that everyone agrees that port1 with inserter will work for the 222... sorry for all of the confusion

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell