2 Hoppers w/sling & vip222k on one dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvland1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
ohio
Okay folks I have another question I've searched but couldn't find the answer..We have 1000.2 dish pro lnb currently using a duo node for 2 hoppers w/sling and I wondered if I can use a DP34 along with the duo node for the hoppers and on the 4th output of the DP34 run it to the triplexer which is single input with the 2 outputs for the 222k.. Anybody seen anything like this?I know this isn't a normal setup for dish.Dp34 are cheap nowdays..and this would give us the extra 2 tv's on the single dish..

Okay folks I have another question I've searched but couldn't find the answer..We have 1000.2 dish pro lnb currently using a duo node for 2 hoppers w/sling and I wondered if I can use a DP34 along with the duo node for the hoppers and on the 4th output of the DP34 run it to the triplexer which is single input with the 2 outputs for the 222k.. Anybody seen anything like this?I know this isn't a normal setup for dish.Dp34 are cheap nowdays..and this would give us the extra 2 tv's on the single dish..
n0qcu is correct on both counts. You would need a 44 switch. Actually, you'd need 2 to physically make it work. The power inserter has to go on Port 1 and the Dual Node would use ports 2-4 so you'd have to trunk a second switch to add any other receivers. But Dish won't activate a 222 with a Hopper setup.

I guess I should have mentioned that I have a RV account so I already have a 222,211,& wally along with 2 hoppers on the account.. it's a big RV... sounds like it would be easier to just use 2 dishes..

I guess I should have mentioned that I have a RV account so I already have a 222,211,& wally along with 2 hoppers on the account.. it's a big RV... sounds like it would be easier to just use 2 dishes..
If you wanted to buy the stuff and just move the VIPs back and forth, you could do that the way I described it

If you wanted to buy the stuff and just move the VIPs back and forth, you could do that the way I described it
I'm really only interested in the hoppers at home and the 222k since we use it in the camper also.The others are just extras I kept on the account in case I need one.. With both hoppers and Dishanywhere apps and the 222k it gives us 6 tv's.. Now if I did use the 2 44 switches will I need the power inserter for each switch? I see them selling with and without the inserters..I have a 34 switch already so could I cascade it off the 44 and use the vip receivers on it?

Last edited:
I have a 34 switch already so could I cascade it off the 44 and use the vip receivers on it?
I'm not completely following what you want where. But a DPP44 is DishPro Plus, which means it can feed 4 dual-tuner receivers. The DP34 is only DP, which means it can switch up to 3 DishPro LNBs. But it can only feed 4 single-tuner receivers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was thinking that like HipKat said using the DPP44 1st output to the power inserter and ports 2-4 on the duo node for the hoppers...now hooking up the 3 lnb inputs on the DP34 to the additional switch side of the DPP44 switch I could use 2 of the receiver outputs to the satellite inputs on the vip222k.. Wouldn't using 2 separate dp inputs on the receiver be the same as 1 single dpp and a separator at the receiver?..

n0qcu is correct on both counts. You would need a 44 switch. Actually, you'd need 2 to physically make it work. The power inserter has to go on Port 1 and the Dual Node would use ports 2-4 so you'd have to trunk a second switch to add any other receivers. But Dish won't activate a 222 with a Hopper setup.
Can work without the power inserter, use the duo node on the first 3 port of DPP44, the 4th for 222k, i never use a power inserter, done over 50

Reactions: Tvland1
I was thinking that like HipKat said using the DPP44 1st output to the power inserter and ports 2-4 on the duo node for the hoppers...now hooking up the 3 lnb inputs on the DP34 to the additional switch side of the DPP44 switch I could use 2 of the receiver outputs to the satellite inputs on the vip222k.. Wouldn't using 2 separate dp inputs on the receiver be the same as 1 single dpp and a separator at the receiver?..
Use one DPP44, port 1,2&3 to duo node, port 4 to 222k, no need for power inserter, receiver sent out enough volts, to power switch

Reactions: Tvland1
Use one DPP44, port 1,2&3 to duo node, port 4 to 222k, no need for power inserter, receiver sent out enough volts, to power switch
Thanks trojan67..I figured there was a way to make it work.. I'm not familiar with the DPP44 so I can get one without the power inserter..

But for how long? This stuff is designed to be powered for a reason.
Good point Bobby.. I've had 2 of my 211's burn up the power supply after adding usb powered EHD to them..I thought about that possibly burning up the 222k..I think I'll get the DPP44 with the inserter and try cascading the DP34 off of it and the 2 cable's to the 222k..

Reactions: TheKrell
Good point Bobby.. I've had 2 of my 211's burn up the power supply after adding usb powered EHD to them..I thought about that possibly burning up the 222k..I think I'll get the DPP44 with the inserter and try cascading the DP34 off of it and the 2 cable's to the 222k..
That's why i don't used them, very easy to fail, poorly design, you have plus lnb on your dish, so the DP34 won't work, if you are not comfortable with my option, use two DPP44

Done it for years, i never used a power inserter, always throw them away.
Maybe you have done it for years, you installed it and walked away. How about failures your customers thought was just broken. Why, if they come with the switch, would you throw them away? They simply plug into a power outlet that can be right next to a receiver. It’s not a big deal to simply place the power inserter in line with the coax feed and plug it in.

The power inserter has to go on Port 1 and the Dual Node would use ports 2-4 so you'd have to trunk a second switch to add any other receivers.
Okay so I understand that the 34 switch won't work.I also understand that port 1 has to have the power inserter and 2-4 the duo node on dpp44.. What I don't understand is why can't I have the 222k hooked up to port 1 with the inserter and use the original triplexer? Is it something that you can't use the port 1 to the receiver? I'm sorry to sound stupid

Last edited:
Maybe you have done it for years, you installed it and walked away. How about failures your customers thought was just broken. Why, if they come with the switch, would you throw them away? They simply plug into a power outlet that can be right next to a receiver. It’s not a big deal to simply place the power inserter in line with the coax feed and plug it in.
That's what i said, never fail, all of them going for years, if that option never work, i would have stop, just two weeks ago i did 118/119 &110 sent to a DPP44 solo node on port 1&2, for a HWS & joey, they are diagrams out on the net without power inserter look it up, i have seen alot of fail power inserter

Can work without the power inserter, use the duo node on the first 3 port of DPP44, the 4th for 222k, i never use a power inserter, done over 50
On a 44 switch??? No way. I've gone to more TC's because someone unplugged the 44 switch and all the TV's lost signal and the process is to use the Power Inserter. It comes WITH the switch. Why in God's name would you tell anyone NOT to use it? Besides, the switch isn't built to handle just the voltage coming back from the receivers so even if it worked, it wouldn't last.

never fail, all of them going for years,
I don't believe you. I'm just gonna say it. I've never seen a power inserter fail.

Alot of the DPP44 selling on eBay, doesn't have a power inserter, they are still selling, why?, because they can work without them.
Ebay, that authorized Dish Distributor..........

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)