2 part question Remote/1080P

swalke2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
atlanta
Part 1
Last night up upgraded 720p plasma to a 55" 1080P LCD. When I look at system info on tv it says the signal is 1080i. I went to system menu on the Dish box (VP622 dvr) and the only setting choices are 720 p/i and 1080i. Is this my only options with dish? Do they not send a 1080P signal? Bluray does show in system info as 1080P.

Part 2
Someone once told me that I could buy a 2nd remote #2 So I dont have to carry my remote #2 from the bed room to basement and leave a remote in each room respectivly.

How would I set the second remote up? If I follow the instructions wont the address of the remote change on the system screen and then change again when I try and set up the 2nd remote.

Thanks for any help, guidance and assistance.

Steve

Part 1
Last night up upgraded 720p plasma to a 55" 1080P LCD. When I look at system info on tv it says the signal is 1080i. I went to system menu on the Dish box (VP622 dvr) and the only setting choices are 720 p/i and 1080i. Is this my only options with dish? Do they not send a 1080P signal? Bluray does show in system info as 1080P. Be sure to check to make sure your receiver is set to 1080i. (Menu, 6, 8 and make sure "TV TYPE" is set to 180i).

Part 2
Someone once told me that I could buy a 2nd remote #2 So I dont have to carry my remote #2 from the bed room to basement and leave a remote in each room respectivly.

How would I set the second remote up? If I follow the instructions wont the address of the remote change on the system screen and then change again when I try and set up the 2nd remote.

Thanks for any help, guidance and assistance.

Steve

Answer to question 1: Dish HD is broadcast in 1080i. They do offer some On Demand that is 1080p.

Answer to question 2: You can get a second remote for tv2. Just hit "Menu" twice to get to the system info screen. Whatever adress tv2 is set to, set your new remote address to that number. Default setting for these is one, so if you see it is set to one, you should be able to put in the batteries and use it right out of the box. If it is set to another number, heres how t change it. Hold down the "Sat" button until all mode buttons light up. hit the number that tv2 is set to on the system info screen. Hit the pound button on the remote, "Sat" button will blink three times to confirm. That should do it.

1080p

NO ONE broadcasts in 1080p. All networks, premiums, locals, etc. use either 720p or 1080i. However, DISH does have at least one PPV movie on channel 501 that will download into the hard drive of a 622 or 722 receiver, and display at 1080p. I believe DirecTV does the same thing.
The instructions that come with the remote #2 will give you the info you need for setting it up. I purchased a new one on eBay for MUCH less than DISH charges.

Oh so the address for remote #2 is in the box not the remote. Thanks ill give it a try right now.

Oh and thanks for the info on the 1080I/P.

Okay, well I thought it worked like a charm but infact it did not.
I followed the steps for setting up a 2nd remote and I am not able to set up (2) # 2 remotes. It seems to only allow me to do one or the other and once while doing it I got an error saying "you are trying to configure two remotes on one address and cannot do that"

So now I am back to carrying (1) #2 remote between my basement and spare room. Not like its heavy or anything, but id like to have one in each room.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

You got that error message where? There is no setup on the receiver itself. Just set the remote address on the remote and you're done.

Error came up on sys info screen
Instructions for "making remote work with receiver" says
press system info
record button
then select done

Maybe I am not seeing how to set the remote address

NO ONE broadcasts in 1080p. All networks, premiums, locals, etc. use either 720p or 1080i. However, DISH does have at least one PPV movie on channel 501 that will download into the hard drive of a 622 or 722 receiver, and display at 1080p. I believe DirecTV does the same thing.
The instructions that come with the remote #2 will give you the info you need for setting it up. I purchased a new one on eBay for MUCH less than DISH charges.

Than why does DishN advertise that it broadcast in 1080p all the time!?!?! I know it's not that much of a diff but when i see on the setup of the reciever you can only get 1080i it really draws the misleading advertising flag for me :).

And where does DishN advertise that it broadcasts in 1080P all the time!?!?! I have never seen or heard such an advertisement....

I've never seen a dish add saying they braodcast 1080p all the time. They have ads that say they have 1080p content available (which they do).

Than why does DishN advertise that it broadcast in 1080p all the time!?!?! I know it's not that much of a diff but when i see on the setup of the reciever you can only get 1080i it really draws the misleading advertising flag for me :).

There is no channel that is broadcast in 1080p from a channel provider. First it would have to be provided to Dish in 1080p.

To the op all you have to do is know the secondary remote address you can blind address it to the number you don't even have to have system info on the screen. When you address it. But you do have to have system info on the screen to find out the secondary rem address.

And where does DishN advertise that it broadcasts in 1080P all the time!?!?! I have never seen or heard such an advertisement....

Well I searched Youtube for it but it's their newest commercial but couldn't find it. I can't remember if the guy says it's available or accessible but It def has 1080p on the screen though with nothing else so if your deaf, it definitely is false advertising :).

I guess if they can get away with them HD Sunglasses ..........:angel:. I've got a 50" HD window for sale for $3000, $2000 HD Mirrors, and carry HD car windshields for $5000!

Well I searched Youtube for it but it's their newest commercial but couldn't find it. I can't remember if the guy says it's available or accessible but It def has 1080p on the screen though with nothing else so if your deaf, it definitely is false advertising :).

I guess if they can get away with them HD Sunglasses ..........:angel:. I've got a 50" HD window for sale for $3000, $2000 HD Mirrors, and carry HD car windshields for $5000!

There is a very large difference between "available' and 'all the time.' There is no false advertising with 'available', it is, in fact, available on channel 501. You can keep your glass..... :)

There is a very large difference between "available' and 'all the time.' There is no false advertising with 'available', it is, in fact, available on channel 501. You can keep your glass..... :)

I see where some of the confusion came I said in my first post that they advertise 1080p all the time but I meant they advertise all the time:angel:. Sorry

But I still think they should just state 1080i as 1080p only being available on PPV is bs. I "broadcast" 1080p also with my HD camera on Youtube.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts