2 questions about 508

bryan92

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Statesboro, Ga
1st question...When getting ready to record a program thats a few days out in the guide, is there a quicker way to get there vs. pressing the right arrow and scrolling forever?
Example..Today is Thursday and I want to record a program for next Monday and don't know the time and so forth.
This leads to the next question. When I scroll out to next Monday and find the program and then hit the enter button ( sometimes it ask to record and sometimes it does not ) it takes me back to the program I was watching and then I have to go into the guide again and scroll. Is this a bug or am I not doing something right?

I did a search but was not able to find the answers to these questions.

bryan92 said:
1st question...When getting ready to record a program thats a few days out in the guide, is there a quicker way to get there vs. pressing the right arrow and scrolling forever?
If you know what program it is, you can search for it. Press # and type in the first few letters of it
Example..Today is Thursday and I want to record a program for next Monday and don't know the time and so forth.
This leads to the next question. When I scroll out to next Monday and find the program and then hit the enter button ( sometimes it ask to record and sometimes it does not ) it takes me back to the program I was watching and then I have to go into the guide again and scroll. Is this a bug or am I not doing something right?

It does it to me all the time....I dont know how many times I say "I'm going to get this f---er to work". It takes usually 2 or 3 times. Does it to my ExpressVu 3100 too.

You have two options.
When in the guide pressing the skip forward button will move you ahead 1 day.
The skip back button will move you back 1 day.
you can also press the number of hours you want to go and then press the arrow key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts