2 questions before i sign up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mab631

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys 2 questions first is how does Dish on demand compare to cable Video on demand? 2nd is the 1 cent cinemax for a year still going on? because i thinking up signing up for the AT100 pack with 2 dvrs 24 month contract cable getting way to out of hand on prices. Thanks guys

First, Dish stinks when it comes to VOD compared to cable and Direct. But I don't care, because I have a DVR.

Second, I believe that the Cinemax promo is still going on, but I'm not positive. As a AT&T customer, I'm not eligible, which sucks.

Dish on Demand is just a few movies you have to PAY for, its PPV on demand. They introduced internet on demand where you connect your DTB to your network but that was Pay Per View also. And they were old movies, like 80s movies. I guess its for those that don't have Netflix or live 2 hours from a video store. Geez. You would think they would want to compete with cable but I guess not, its the only thing I miss about cable. But as noted, that's what you have a DVR for.

The 1 cent Cinemax deal for a year I signed up for recently is part of going paperless. You also get about $5 off your bill when you go paperless too. Just call and they will let you know if its still in effect. I signed up in April.

Dish on Demand is just a few movies you have to PAY for, its PPV on demand. They introduced internet on demand where you connect your DTB to your network but that was Pay Per View also. And they were old movies, like 80s movies. I guess its for those that don't have Netflix or live 2 hours from a video store. Geez. You would think they would want to compete with cable but I guess not, its the only thing I miss about cable. But as noted, that's what you have a DVR for.

The 1 cent Cinemax deal for a year I signed up for recently is part of going paperless. You also get about $5 off your bill when you go paperless too. Just call and they will let you know if its still in effect. I signed up in April.

really i didn't know about the about the $5 off a month for going paperless thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)