2 S2 tuners in Elite/Premium....NOT!

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
Well, I've been looking for a 2nd DVB-S2 tuner for my Elite, hoping to hook one up to C-band, and hook one up to Ku.

In reading some relatively old posts at the Azbox forum, I just found out that this is NOT possible.

See: Welcome to AZBox • Login

Apparently someone tried to do this, however there appear to be multiple issues, such as the 2 tuners won't fit, an S2 tuner won't work in the 2nd socket, and the software doesn't support 2 S2 tuners. When he posted this info, the response was:
Of course it doesn't work since Azbox didn't sell DVB-S2 tuner to insert in Elite/Premium.
Since Elite/Premium are sold has Combo meaning DVB-S2 + DVB-T or DVB-S2 + DVB-C and nothing else.
So you try a configuration that is not supported on your model.

Additional DVB-S2 tuner only exist for Premium HD+ models, which is the only one sold has a TWIN model.

Later in the discussion, the Azbox moderator admitted that the web page was misleading about this capability, and said that the wording had been changed.

Anyway, I'm not happy about this, but at least if they ever fix the new plus models, perhaps that model will do what I want. But the Elite/Premier will NOT.

Well, I've been looking for a 2nd DVB-S2 tuner for my Elite, hoping to hook one up to C-band, and hook one up to Ku.

In reading some relatively old posts at the Azbox forum, I just found out that this is NOT possible.

See: Welcome to AZBox • Login

Apparently someone tried to do this, however there appear to be multiple issues, such as the 2 tuners won't fit, an S2 tuner won't work in the 2nd socket, and the software doesn't support 2 S2 tuners. When he posted this info, the response was:

Later in the discussion, the Azbox moderator admitted that the web page was misleading about this capability, and said that the wording had been changed.

Anyway, I'm not happy about this, but at least if they ever fix the new plus models, perhaps that model will do what I want. But the Elite/Premier will NOT.

B.J.

I can confirm this. I tried it personally, just because I could.

I removed the DVB-S2 from one AZBox Premium and installed it within another AZBox Premium so that it had two DVB-S2 tuners.

First of all, it is difficult for two of these tuners to physically fit in the slots, but it is not impossible. It required some creative routing of the cables and orientation of the plastic base that the edge of the tuner card rests in.

Second, the AZBox gets really confused when you install two DVB-S2 tuners. It not only did not recognize the additional tuner, but it wouldn't recognize the original tuner any longer, either.

Well, I had to try! :)

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts