OTHER 2 Sats with 36" dish and 4-degree offset LNBs?

gdavisloop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hello, I see a dealer on eBay is selling the Geosatpro 36" dish with 2 LNBs at 4-degree offset, to get two satellites 4 degrees apart at the same time. I'd love to get SES-3 (NBC) and G16 (CBS_Newspath) on this dish, but my question is...

Given that I don't think the Geosatpro is an oval dish, how well does this work? I need a pretty good signal to get NBC (DVB-S2 30000 s/r) so losing a dB or two might be a deal breaker.

Has anyone actually tried a setup like this?

thanks,
--Gary

I designed this dual 4 degree bracket and the bullet SL1/SL2 LNBFs about seven years ago and optimized the system specifically for the GEOSATpro 90cm. It provides the best performance for any 4 degree set-up currently sold. Each LNBF can be individually set for focal length and skew in addition to the offset elevation between the two satellites.

For 4 degree separation there is no need for an elliptical dish. I have tested 99w and the 103w NBC feeds (before the skew change) with excellent results on the NBC transponders here in Northern California.

Another option is a Channel Master 85e with the Starchoice 3.8 degree separation dual LNBFs.

Don't even bother with the monoblock 4 degree LNBFs. The design is a compromise for universal mounting and the focal length cannot be adjusted to compensate for look angle separation between the target satellites based on the install location Lat/Long.

I had one of those setups years ago...even added 2 extra LNB's with a bracket

000_0416.jpg 000_0420.jpg 000_0424.jpg 000_0425.jpg 000_0426.jpg

Don't even bother with the monoblock 4 degree LNBFs. The design is a compromise for universal mounting and the focal length cannot be adjusted to compensate for look angle separation between the target satellites based on the install location Lat/Long.
yeah I had one of those too. Didnt work as good and were limited on adding to existing setups due to the internal switch