2 TB EHD'S are supported!

djmaui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Maui
My WD My Book Essential 2TB EHD just crossed over the 50% full mark and is still fully functioning and storing additional data. I guess the 1TB limit that was supposedly in effect at some point is no longer the case, at least with this drive. Yahoo!

I have a 722 and four WD My Book EHD's (one 640MB, two 1 TB and one 2TB). What I need now is hub support for the EHD's.

In fact, it was playing it through that caused a recording to be deleted when the second playback was stopped or quit including playing it out. Reports are that the 3rd and higher in one reboot session were safe--be very afraid. They say the first is not erased thus Dish would have you reboot every playback--unacceptable. It was Dish's software changes that added this problem. Restoring and the then copying it back to the archive is believed to work, but is a royal pain and unacceptable. "It used to work."
-Ken

In fact, it was playing it through that caused a recording to be deleted when the second playback was stopped or quit including playing it out. Reports are that the 3rd and higher in one reboot session were safe--be very afraid. They say the first is not erased thus Dish would have you reboot every playback--unacceptable. It was Dish's software changes that added this problem. Restoring and the then copying it back to the archive is believed to work, but is a royal pain and unacceptable. "It used to work."
-Ken

DVR buttoning out of an EHD program and into a IHD program and to live tv is my new (preferred) method of evading the 2nd EHD-viewed deletion bug (which Dish so kindly introduced when they eliminated the 1TB limit)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)