Dual HD Receiver

jlovesd

Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I looked for a thread...no luck.

I have a VIP622 and it controls 2 TV's. Is there a way to have both TV's full screen and HD? The picture on second TV is "short".

I'm sure this has been discussed many times. I tried to do a search but likely didn't use the correct wording.

Thanks so much.

I looked for a thread...no luck.

I have a VIP622 and it controls 2 TV's. Is there a way to have both TV's full screen and HD? The picture on second TV is "short".

I'm sure this has been discussed many times. I tried to do a search but likely didn't use the correct wording.

Thanks so much.

jlovesd,

If you want to connect two different TV's to a 622 to get HD on BOTH at the same time, it can be done although you will have to watch the same channel or event on both TV's. You will have to run either component Inputs to one TV and OR HDMI to the other.

If you don't want too or can't run get cables long enough to connect the second TV, you can get TWO Video Baluns, this will allow you to use Ethernet cable to carry the Video and Audio signals down ONE Ethernet Cable to the second TV so you can view content in HD at the Secondary TV.

John

Thanks John. Does Dish make a different receiver that will do the trick? We would like to watch different things at the same time.

Thanks John. Does Dish make a different receiver that will do the trick? We would like to watch different things at the same time.

Yes, the new slingloaded 922 will be able to serve two HD tv's in your house but it will require an additional part ( that will be available soon)

Jlovesd,

Later this year Sling is coming out with a Unit that will connect to any VIP Dual Tuner DVR via the USB port. The sling box has to connect your local network. Once Connected you will be able to use any Networked Computer or use a Slingplayer box connected to your network and to another HD TV in your home. If you use your slingplayer to connect to the Video Stream from the Sling Box you will be able to view HD content streamed live or any recordings from your VIP HD DVR, hence two different LIVE HD streams from one Dish HD DVR to two separate TV's.

Be aware once any device is connected to the Video Stream from the HD DVR, your receivers second Tuner will be commanded by the person connected to the Video Stream from the DVR. This means you might disrupt a recording in progress on the HD DVR.

Check out this link; Sling Media - Slingbox 700U

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts