2 tuner DVR Promotions???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rangersjay99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Baltimore, MD
I have a 501, 510 and 811 and would love to upgrade one to a 2 tuner DVR. Are there any promotions out there to pick up a 522, 721 or (I wish) 921?

Thanks,

Jay

Iceberg said:
522 is lease only for new customers
721 I thought there was a promo
921...yeah, right :D

The promo on the 721 has disappeared.... from waht I can tell you cant even get the 721 from E* anymore. 522 no luck there... or ever this year im afraid. the 921? Bad OTA from what I hear very buggy reciever and way overpriced. E* wont promo it till its under 600 I bet

Iceberg said:
522 is lease only for new customers
721 I thought there was a promo
921...yeah, right :D
721 promo was to clear out the product production stopped long ago, near the time the 522 was introduced. Inventory has been exhausted for new orders Ebay probably best chance of finding one now. With DISH's software problems why would anyone want their products? :) :) :)

Well...if they're already a Dish customer, they have no choice do they boba? (Unless they leave Dish.)

And, in their defense, the 721 is a pretty damn good little box. Of course, if Dish did things properly, it would be an obsolutely kickass killer box. The potential is there. They just never exploited it fully.

Thanks all,

I hate going the Ebay approach..

Funny though, before DVR, wife thought "Why do we need that", 2 years later, I get "Why can't we record one show and watch another?" and "Why can't we pause on the HDTV?" She has gotten spoiled! But at least opens the door to upgrades now and then!

I think E droped the ball on the 721, they should never have taken it out of production. Its the best two tuner box they have . Just my 2¢.

LarryG said:
I think E droped the ball on the 721, they should never have taken it out of production. Its the best two tuner box they have . Just my 2¢.

Yes I agree especially since E* will not sell or lease the 522 to current customers through an official source. I have seen in other posts that Dish Depot is selling the 721 for $299, how long they will last, who knows?

I called Dish yesterday and same answer: 721 was never on a promotion! Most of reps do not know that one could email CEO Email and get the 721 deal, while it was ON. It was discontinued over a month back.
Earlier there was also a talk that 522 shall be leased to current customers as well. Guess that died down as well. CSRs have no idea about that one either

I vote to bring the 721 back in production. It's the best box they have ever built in my opinion. Why spend all the money building something so good,then when get her going good,quit building her.

rangersjay99 said:
I have a 501, 510 and 811 and would love to upgrade one to a 2 tuner DVR. Are there any promotions out there to pick up a 522, 721 or (I wish) 921?
Jay
I just looked and both Dishdepot and Dishstore list the 721.
Budget in CA http://www.ideamaster.com/budget/bindex.htm lists the 921 at
$889 plus shipping. Best price I have seen especially if you live outside of California to avoid the sales tax. ;)

BTW, I should add that the Budget web site is probably the worst looking site ever.
But it has a whole bunch of good information along with pretty good prices on a lot of stuff.

The 721 direct from dish only lasted about a month and now there is a promotion 'through participating retailers' for a 1 yr contract you pay like 250$ and you get the 721 installed. Haven't seen one recently carrying it though.

Yup. The 721 is an excellent box. It's this close to being absolutely awesome. They should spend a little more time on the software, adding network connectivity and Internet functionality. That would be cool. Still a couple of tiny minor bugs in there too.

But, Dish must follow their standard procedure, and discontinue each model once they finally get it to work correctly. I'll bet a dollar they do the same thing with the 522 about a year or so from now.

That's the reason new Dish receivers never work right from the beginning. If they did, they'd have to discontinue each new model on the same day it was released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)