2 TV's connected to 1 sat. receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twigthemig

Original poster
May 12, 2006
Someone please point me in the right direction.

I refuse to pay a $50 install fee plus an additional $6 a month 3rd TV fee for a TV that will only be used three or four times a year when the parents come to visit.

What I want to do is connect the satallite receiver that is in my living room to the TV in my spare bedroom. Yes, my dad will have to get his butt out of bed open the spare bedroom door and point the remote down the hallway to the living room receiver to change the channel, but he needs the exercise anyway! lol

How in the world do I do this? I've gotten 1 too many zaps monkeying with the cable wires and my hair is curly enough as it is! lol Please don't use words only tech's can decifer......please! "little doo hickey" and "whatcha ma jig" are acceptable terms for me! lol

Here's what I got
DishPro 301

Okey dokey! Here's the skinny. You will need to split the signal coming OUT of your receiver using a typical 2-way splitter. The input of said splitter is the output of your receiver and one output goes to one TV and the other output goes to your dad's TV. I'm not sure how your home is wired, but you will SOMEHOW need to get the coax cable from the room your receiver is in to the room your dad is in.

Too complicated of a descrip? Sorry for not using "little doo hickey" and "whatcha ma jig". LOL

What kind of receivers do you have? These are the rectangular thing-a-ma-bobs that you point the remote control at :D

The model number's on the sticker on the back.

I think I get it now........duh moment going on here!..........

I was trying to split the cable coming in from the satallite dish on the roof. (This was causing all sorts of hair raising moments.. zzzzAPPPPP!)

What I need to split is the 'tv set out" wire......makes so much more sense!

Thank so much for responding!

edit to say..............didn't even need the splitter since I have the sat. connected to the TV thru a stand alone DVD player. So I just hooked the cable that will run to the spare bedroom into "antenna out" on the back of the DVD player and viola!

Last edited:
You was getting zapped by the cable coming in from the satellite dish (actually it was coming from the satellite receiver) because the receiver (box) is putting 13-18 voltes on the line. Not enough to hurt you. Never put a splitter between the dish and the receiver.

The splitter actually comes from the tv output on the satellite receiver (box). If you buy a UHF upgrade kit then you can change the channels in all of the other rooms that you run a wire to (the UHF remote changes the channels through the wall).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)