2 Vip211 in same household

azhagan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hey guys,

I have been reading these forums for a while and this is my first post... I know that in the past if you had two receivers in the same household you needed to have them connected to a phone line. I don't have a phone jack in my room nor the family room. Can I just connect my receivers to the internet and not worry about the phone line requirement?

Thanks,
Ilavazhagan Ilagnayeru

Hmm I dont think you half to have them hooked to a phone line. I have two and never had them hooked to a phone line.. :)

Cool thanks. I did not want to have to pull any new phone lines if it was not required.

Yeah I think the phone line is mainly for caller id and PPV stuff. But yeah from what I understand you should not half to have it. You might get with your local installer see what they say but I would not see why it would be a issue if you never plan on using it.

if you have ethernet, that satisfies the connection requirement for dual-tuner receivers.

The 211 only needs a phone line for caller-id and PPV ordering. Not required for single tuner receivers, though if not connected, the audit team may eventually call you and make you prove all the receivers are in the same house.

Ethernet is active on both my receivers. The only thing I can't figure out is how to share the internet connection with the other receiver, cause even with DISHCOMM on the other receiver is not getting an IP. Also I wonder since these are homeplug devices, if I can connect other homeplug appliances to the power grid?

No it eliminates the need for a phone line to order PPV, at the moment I don't see access to VOD. Maybe in the future...

No it eliminates the need for a phone line to order PPV, at the moment I don't see access to VOD. Maybe in the future...

So, once it's hooked up via ethernet, it can "call home" regular ppv purchases w/o having a phone line connected?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts