20.1 IR Remote - which part number?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I need a new 20.1 IR Remote & noticed several different part numbers on Amazon & Ebay, such as 180552, 180546, 189582. Is there any difference between these part numbers, such as newer firmware that provides quicker response? Or is it just cosmetic changes?

I believe the different numbers have to do with what receivers they were packaged with. There are no true differences, AFAIK. Also, since you did not say which receiver you have, why not just get a 21.0 in case you would ever want to use RF?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a 21.0, but it's a bit sensitive regarding where I point it. It works from upstairs to control the 722K DVR which is on the first floor, yet when I'm sitting in front of the DVR the 21.0 remote does not usually work with the fast rewind function for some reason. I have to hold the remote near floor level for this to work. I could use the 21.0 in IR mode but IIRC have to somehow change the remote number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts