20.1 IR Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackandh2o

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
Golden Valley AZ
Having trouble with my remote. Nothing has been moved or changed but it is almost impossible to get the select button to work. All other buttons work fine. Replaced batteries and no improvement.

Any ideas? I can't remember but I do not think the remote is very old?

Thank You

Ray

Thin bladed screw driver or butter knife between where the front and back halves meet. Pry it open bit by bit. Clean all of the button contacts on both the PC board and the molded rubber button insert. Works like a charm.

Thin bladed screw driver or butter knife between where the front and back halves meet. Pry it open bit by bit. Clean all of the button contacts on both the PC board and the molded rubber button insert. Works like a charm.
OK, thanks I will give that a try. Do you have any suggestions for sticky buttons?

Well, guess I wasn't careful enough! This is a 40.0 I tried to pry open with a butter knife. Finally took a screw driver to it to get it open. LOL
Pry Open.jpg

Reactions: pattykay
Cleaning it will free the buttons.

I have tried cleaning before for sticky button issues and it never works for me. After I finally got one of my defective remote controls apart I took a close look at the parts. The molded rubber key pad and the exterior plastic cover appeared clean to me. I think it is the rubber pad key button is just wearing out and gets weak. The most common button that starts to stick for me is the Skip Forward button. I just use the hell out of it I guess and wear it out. Sure hate loosing AutoHop! :confused:
Remote Internal.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)