20" HD LCD $329 at OfficeMax!

ChrisPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
TN USA
This week, OfficeMax has a Norcent 20" 16:9 LCD HDTV for $329. Everywhere else, they're anywhere from $400-600.

It only has an analog tuner, but it works great with my HD receiver. It has component, S-Video, and VGA inputs. Norcent makes products for RCA and Philips, and this is probably made in the same factory.

BTW, I had just bought a used EDTV LCD for almost the same price; I returned it. :)

Last edited:
Ahh thanks, thats why I missed it. I totally spaced the "HDTV" while playing with the kids and would have never thought "TV" being that small of a display. Sorry!

What is the contrast ratio and resolution on this item?

I've found that every inexpensive HDTV LCD or Plasma I find look terrible. Everytime I go to walmart I'm reminded of this with their $800 32" LCD's and what not...

It has a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 1366X768 resolution, and 8ms response time. I'm not a big fan of LCDs either, but this thing looks great. Very good contrast, no streaks, great colors, and great resolution.

Optical Serenity said:
What is the contrast ratio and resolution on this item?

I've found that every inexpensive HDTV LCD or Plasma I find look terrible. Everytime I go to walmart I'm reminded of this with their $800 32" LCD's and what not...
I was at WW and looking at 32" polaroid,800:1,PIP for $897.Looks great to me.Next best was ILO 32",800:1 both w/tuners.Have you seen either?:cool:

ChrisPC said:
This week, OfficeMax has a Norcent 20" 16:9 LCD HDTV for $329. Everywhere else, they're anywhere from $400-600.

It only has an analog tuner, but it works great with my HD receiver. It has component, S-Video, and VGA inputs. Norcent makes products for RCA and Philips, and this is probably made in the same factory.

BTW, I had just bought a used EDTV LCD for almost the same price; I returned it. :)

How can it be called an "HDTV" with no ATSC tuner?

tripod said:
I was at WW and looking at 32" polaroid,800:1,PIP for $897.Looks great to me.Next best was ILO 32",800:1 both w/tuners.Have you seen either?:cool:

I own the 27" version of the same set that I bought earlier this year at BB for $699. I have been very happy with it so far, although the poor contrast ratio really does show up when watching dark scenes. Other than that it has been great. I have even tried it as a computer monitor which worked out OK. If I had the right driver for it it would have probably looked much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts