New Sony LCD with red vertical line

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
I have a 5 month old Sony LCD KDL-60W630B that all of a sudden has a red vertical line running the entire length of the screen. It happens on all sources and even with the internal smart features. Any suggestions?

Tried unplugging it before I posted, no change at all. After digging out the receipt I found the TV is actually 6 months old. I'll call Sony service tomorrow and update on what the fix turns out to be since it looks like it has a one year parts and labor warranty. I just wonder if it will be done in home or how they'll handle this. Is there such a thing as an in home TV repairman anymore?

Tried unplugging it before I posted, no change at all. After digging out the receipt I found the TV is actually 6 months old. I'll call Sony service tomorrow and update on what the fix turns out to be since it looks like it has a one year parts and labor warranty. I just wonder if it will be done in home or how they'll handle this. Is there such a thing as an in home TV repairman anymore?
Most times they will send a Tech out, They still have them for in Home service.
I've had this done already on a 32inch LG in 2013 .
They come take it apart, and replace the panel. Boom done in less then an Hour.
But, it took 3 weeks for the service visit.

Hopefully you don't have to wait that long.

And I'm not sure what happends if you need an entire replacement.
But I doubt you will.

Many times they will replace the panel in the home, or just swap the whole display out.

As all set panel replacement they are failed pixels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after two months of dealing with the worst customer service I've ever experienced, Sony bought the TV back and sent me a check minus the sales tax. I am so soured on this experience, I doubt I'll ever purchase another Sony product - the call center is in Manilla, they never can give you an update on the status of the claim, they promise a call back but no one ever calls. You email pictures and receipts in, they claim they haven't received them - overall just a pitiful experience.

In the end it worked out, I replaced it with a 4k 58" Vizio that I am happier with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts