20 May 2012 (9:00 PM ET) - Jessee Stone: Benefit of the Doubt

I like these movies. Although I read that CBS is done with them after tonight's movie airs.

I like 'em too. I'm kinda surprised CBS would severe ties with "Jesse Stone" since Tom Selleck will be on the CBS payroll with Blue Bloods for a few more years, and they do well in the ratings...at least my mom and her friends love Tom Selleck. Regardless, this is the 8th Jesse Stone movie...wouldn't mind seeing seeing another 2 in the series.

I believe someone at CBS said that they had a good eight movie run of it but that they aren't in the 2 hour long movie business. Tom Selleck said he hopes Jesse Stone will continue on, possibly on a cable network.

They are popular but skew to a decidedly older viewership. FWIW Stone's creator----robert B. Parker has passed but his estate has hired the writer of these teleplays to carry on the legacy. So you could always READ aout jesse.

Okay, Hasty is back as some Town Council guy...is it me, or wasn't Hasty the crooked mayor that Jesse arrested last year? I'm so confused. :confused:

I picked up on what happened later in the show. Elsewhere, the ratings were once again solid:

9 p.m.
CBS: Movie - "Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt" (13.05 million, 8.3/13)
ABC: "2012 Billboard Music Awards" (8 million, 4.7/7)
NBC: "The Celebrity Apprentice" season finale (6.7 million, 4.2/6)
FOX: "Family Guy" season finale (5.3 million, 3.1/5)

10 p.m.
CBS: "Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt" (12.5 million, 8.1/13)
ABC: "2012 Billboard Music Awards" (7 million, 4.3/7)
NBC: "The Celebrity Apprentice" season finale (6.9 million, 4.3/7)

I'm still in the 18-49 demographic, but I feel these "groups" are going to change drasticly in coming years. The 50+ folks are not merely sitting on their arses adding up their money and ailments...they are popping every pill imaginable and I see them at ZZ Top and Metallica concerts. Sure, they're dizzy and have to sit down after 30-seconds of headbanging....and they're drinking Gatorade and downing Motrin instead of slamming beers and doing powerhits on the bong...but they're still getting out. I guess that I'm having trouble relating Metallica and Motorhead to the likes of Lawrence Welk and Benny Goodman.

Anyway, I enjoyed CBS' broadcasting the Jesse Stone series...and I am hoping they are picked-up another network.

I don't dispute that aging boomers spend money. I am just saying it is not the demographic that advertisers want and it makes no sense to cite the number of total viewers when a show's appeal can skew so radically to an older demo. that is definitely the case with this (and I am a Robert B. Parker fan BTW) and CBS' actions here and with some other shows is really not irrational or arbitrary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)