2005 December Voom HD Original Highlights

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

(All times Eastern)

cinema1_15.gif
Ultra HD: Bridal Fashion: Vera Wang: Fall 2005 (Fashion) See the latest fall 2005 collections from bridal designer Vera Wang.

monsters2.jpg
Monsters HD: First Man Into Space *+ (1959) @ 1pm Navy test pilot Lieut. Dan Prescott, in experimental rocket plane Y-13, disobeys orders and becomes the first man to fly outside the ionosphere. Unable to turn, he ejects...and is plastered with metallic meteor dust. The pilot compartment lands with no trace of the pilot... but first cattle, then people, are found with their throats cut as if with an axe, by something that seems to have a craving for blood...

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

(All times Eastern)

animania_channel.jpg
Animania HD: A Christmas Carol @ 2pm & 6pm
ananew5.gif

rush2.jpg
Rush HD: LIVE Real Madrid vs Osasuna @ 3pm (discussion HERE)

animania_channel.jpg
Animania HD: A Christmas Carol this one was the Mr. Magoo version. Same as last year but it still has the nice and good flavor of a good christmas story. Hope you decide to give it a try!

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:
(All times Eastern)

guytv2.jpg
GuyTv HD: Universal Soldier: The Return ** (1999, SciFi)

cinema1_15.gif
Ultra HD: Paris Fashion Week: Chanel Fall 2005 (Special)

guytv2.jpg
GuyTv HD: The Crow: Salvation ** (2000)

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:
(All times Eastern)

guytv2.jpg
GuyTv HD: Starman **+ (1984, SciFi) An alien who has crash-landed in the United States takes on the the appearance of a woman's dead husband and enlists her help to escape from pursuing authorities and rendezvous with a spacecraft on the other side of the country. As he learns how to be more human the alien begins to take on more and more qualities of the woman's husband, drawing the woman closer.

cinema1_15.gif
Ultra HD: Paris Fashion Week: Lanvin Fall 2005 (Special) *PREMIERE*

animania_channel.jpg
Animania HD: Stocking Stuffers: A Christmas Carol ; Wobots Christmas ; Noel Noel

cinema1_15.gif
Monsters HD: King Kong **+ (1976) @ 5pm *PREMIERE* An expedition of the "Petrox" company, is exploring in search of petrol. A strange island where they arrive is the home of a giant ape, King Kong, that is captured by the expedition in order to make money exhibiting it to the world. When in the U.S. the huge gorilla becomes restless, trying to return home...

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:

(All times Eastern)
cinema1_15.gif
HDnews: Survivors of the Storms
ananew5.gif

animania_channel.jpg
Animania HD: Stocking Stuffers: A Christmas Carol ; Wobots Christmas ; Noel Noel

cinema1_15.gif
Monsters HD: King Kong **+ (1976) @ 2pm An expedition of the "Petrox" company, is exploring in search of petrol. A strange island where they arrive is the home of a giant ape, King Kong, that is captured by the expedition in order to make money exhibiting it to the world. When in the U.S. the huge gorilla becomes restless, trying to return home...

Survivors of the Storm just watched part of it. Very coold with new HD footage and the struggle of getting people back on their feet. Very touching.

Animania is running episodes of the Pink Panther that I did not see before. They ran one in which the Pink Panther for the first time (that I know) spoke. Strange to see the Pink Panther speak. Have you seen this one?

King Kong '76 3.5 stars out of 5. I was about 8-9 years old when this one came out. Of course, I was not allowed to watch it although everyone was talking about it. I watched years later and hardly remembered it until tonight. I do not know how this whole movie was able to pass as a good movie then. I believe Jessica Lange won an oscar on this one and brother did she win it. Since scene one that she came to the movie, everything was about her sexy ways. The way she was found on the boat with that sexy black dress. The way she dressed to go to the beach. The way that the "natives" of the island dressed her for Kong. There is the honeymoon of Jessica with Kong on the island where he pulled her dressed down and her breast are revealed. Jack (Jeff Bridges) have to give her his shirt to cover her. The other scene that was kind of questionable was when she fell on the cage where Kong was kept captive. After she came out, she took a deep breath and Kong also did and it kind of meant something that you only see.... well you know what I mean. Jeff Bridges plays the "Johnny Damon" ex-look alike "caveman". The whole story of the movie is just kind of stupid and silly. Kong special effects now look bad and silly. It is so obvious to see how bad they are. Most of the interaction between Kong and Jessica always started with Kong's hand. Kong hand was so much used that it should have been called the Hand of Kong instead of King Kong. The last scene on the World Trade Center is sentimental because of the World Trade Center. I still give King Kong 3.5 stars because it was entertaining despite of what I say. By the way it was oar 2:35:1.

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:
(All times Eastern)

monsters2.jpg
Monsters HD: Hellbound: Hellraiser II *+ (1988, Horror) @ 4pm and 12am

TODAY'S HIGHLIGHTS:
(All times Eastern)

monsters2.jpg
Monsters HD: From Beyond **+ (1986) @ 12AM
ananew5.gif
Dr. Pretorius and his colleagues are working on a sensational experiment: by means of stimulation of the pineal gland, they want to open the human mind to higher dimensions. When the experiment succeeds, however, they are immediately attacked by terrible life forms, which apparently are floating around us all the time. When Dr. Pretorius is killed by one of them, Dr. Tillinghast is under suspect and thrown into the psycho ward due to his stories. Only the ambitious psychologist Dr. McMichaels believes him and wants to continue the experiment.

They really should have titled "A Christmas Carol" properly. It actually was "Mr. Magoo's A Christmas Carol" in HD!! That was a great surprise and I was lucky to catch a 2nd airing to see the begining. I see the post you have above, but it was the EPG that left out the Mr. Magoo part.

Cyclone said:
They really should have titled "A Christmas Carol" properly. It actually was "Mr. Magoo's A Christmas Carol" in HD!! That was a great surprise and I was lucky to catch a 2nd airing to see the begining. I see the post you have above, but it was the EPG that left out the Mr. Magoo part.

I thought that show was pretty horrible but at least it was nice to see something different on this channel! Mr. Magoo may have been in it but it really didn't play on much of his classical characterization.

Is it just me or does this channel pretty much suck? Why can't they get any feature length animation? I am not asking for Disney or anything like that but some anime or older stuff shouldn't be that hard for them to obtain.

I wish everyone would howl about them butchering the old cartoons that they do show (Felix, etc.) that were originally 4:3 and have been cropped to be 16:9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts