2006 Apple Patent

How does any of this look any different than the TV Guide grid that TV Guide sued everyone over and won the suit that created the tv guide channel. Even TiVo uses the TV Guide patented format.

The Apple guide does look a lot like the 922 / Hopper guide.
No more so than almost any on-screen guide, as Jerrry correctly points out in his post.

I can't believe Apple gets away with this crap. Are they going to patent toggling power buttons next, where one push turns the device on and another turns it off? Or, cell phone audio functionality where the the user listens at the top, and talks into the bottom?

I have gotten so annoyed at their behavior and attitude, that when I was due to upgrade my phone I chose Android. (Well, one of a handful of reasons for it.) And, my tablet is also Android. I have Roku's instead of Apple TV's. And, I much prefer my Windows 7 PC, which is fast, cheap, and rock-solid, to my wife's MacBook Pro with Leopard Lion or whatever the fork they call their current OS. Screw 'em.

on other 'fork apple' news .. Samsung Challenges Apple Pinch-to-Zoom Patent With 2001 Tech
They steal other peoples innovations then lawsuit city when another company innovates anything that remotely resembles anything they stole.
That applies to their whole raison d'etre, the mouse and GUI method of navigating a PC, which was originally invented at Stanford University in the early 1960's, and later refined by Xerox.

Apple can kiss my AOS. (Android Operating System)

Hey! Look everybody! Apple has a new CEO!

61229415133374593821.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)