2008-09 MLB Hot Stove

Speaking of Manny, I like how the METS current manager confirms what I have said all along, the whole issue with chemistry in the clubhouse. IF ya win, it will not be an issue.

"I don't have problems with the clubhouse," said Manuel, who helped out City Harvest at Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen on Tuesday. "If you bring in a guy like that who performs on the field, I think we can handle the rest of that stuff. It's easy to handle when you have that type of performance. I don't think that's an issue."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3865005"]New York Mets manager Jerry Manuel would welcome Manny Ramirez - ESPN[/ame]

Speaking of Manny, I like how the METS current manager confirms what I have said all along, the whole issue with chemistry in the clubhouse. IF ya win, it will not be an issue.

New York Mets manager Jerry Manuel would welcome Manny Ramirez - ESPN

What he's saying is that club house chemistry is easier to handle when you're winning. Duh, that's obvious. But when you lose, the chemistry is questioned and things can quickly fall apart. Most GM's, owners and coaches would simply prefer to not take that gamble in the first place.

What he's saying is that club house chemistry is easier to handle when you're winning. Duh, that's obvious. But when you lose, the chemistry is questioned and things can quickly fall apart. Most GM's, owners and coaches would simply prefer to not take that gamble in the first place.

AND that is what I have been saying all along....team chemistry is OVERRATED! Manny's antics did not come into question until they were eliminated in the playoffs. He has been doing the same crap almost his entire time in Boston. Very little was said.....

At this point, Manny needs to hope there is a team willing to give him something close to what he's asking, I don't think it's up to Manny at this point.

Jimbo

The closer we get to spring training, the more likely it is that Manny Ramirez is going to sign with the Los Angeles Dodgers. It just makes sense. The Dodgers want him to stay in Los Angeles after the spark he brought to the team after coming over last summer, and they’re the only team who has made an offer close to what Manny and Scott Boras think Ramirez deserves.

The closer we get to spring training, the more likely it is that Manny Ramirez is going to sign with the Los Angeles Dodgers. It just makes sense. The Dodgers want him to stay in Los Angeles after the spark he brought to the team after coming over last summer, and they’re the only team who has made an offer close to what Manny and Scott Boras think Ramirez deserves.
I agree. It's up to Manny and Bora$ to swallow their pride and accept the Dodgers latest offer.

AND that is what I have been saying all along....team chemistry is OVERRATED! Manny's antics did not come into question until they were eliminated in the playoffs. He has been doing the same crap almost his entire time in Boston. Very little was said.....

BINGO!!! :up

Manny was a HUGE part of the Red Sox winning their only two championships in the last 90 years.

Was he an ass at times? Abolutely.

But that didn't stop him from being a major contributor to the Sox success this decade. And when he did act up it was always "manny being Manny" followed by a chuckle.

Look, I'm not excusing some of the things Manny has done, but the fact remains he is a GREAT hitter..........first ballot HOF. IMO, if Manny didn't implode last year and things worked out with the Red Sox............the Sox would have won their third World Series this decade.

That's true about Manny. He was a tremendous asset to the Red Sox BUT he screwed himself out of Boston. If he does sign with the Mets, how do I know when we need Manny in a big spot, he won't pull the same crap he did in Boston!!!

That's true about Manny. He was a tremendous asset to the Red Sox BUT he screwed himself out of Boston. If he does sign with the Mets, how do I know when we need Manny in a big spot, he won't pull the same crap he did in Boston!!!

If you could just get Manny for a year or two, he would be a HUGE asset to the Mets.

If you could just get Manny for a year or two, he would be a HUGE asset to the Mets.

He would be a huge asset to almost ANY team in the major. He usually starts acting like an ass after a few years on the same team....keep him for two. Besides, he is already 37 years old....I think he olny has about 2 years left in the tank where you can seriously consider him a threat in the middl of the order....

I agree, I do think he'll end up staying in LA.

Jimbo

He would be a huge asset to almost ANY team in the major. He usually starts acting like an ass after a few years on the same team....keep him for two. Besides, he is already 37 years old....I think he olny has about 2 years left in the tank where you can seriously consider him a threat in the middl of the order....

The problem in signing Manny is that he thinks he has more gas in the tank, and wants 4 yrs. I say he ends up in La La land.

That is why you sign him for 2 years with the team picking up the 3rd year IF they like.
Nope, that's what the Red Sox had tried. They held two, one-year options (2009 & 2010) on Manny for $20M each. That's the deal Manny worked so hard to get out of. We'll see soon if that was a wise decision or not....

Jason Varitek and the Red Sox have agreed to a one-year contract with an option, the Globe's Tony Massarotti has confirmed.

Varitek will earn $5 million in 2009, with the club holding a $5 million option for 2010. If the Red Sox do not pick up that option, Varitek has the choice of remaining with the club on a $3 million deal. In '10, he can earn another $2 million in incentives based on playing time, beginning at 80 games started.

Thus, the potential total value of the deal increases from $8 million-$10 million to $10 million-$12 million. The incentives apply to both the team and player options for 2010.

Not exactly a shocker...

Varitek, Sox agree to deal - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Last edited:

SEC football ventures north...

Detroit Lion Players Missing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)