Detroit Lion Players Missing

This is terrible, a Raiders player is missing as well.

This brings to mind the Cleveland Indians tragedy several years ago, when Steve Olin and Tim Crews died in a boating accident during Spring Training.

Hopefully this has a better outcome. :(

Small boat

These players and friends went out to sea in a 21 foot boat.
The Coast Guard who are looking for them had to call back a 31 foot cutter and send out a 85 foot cutter because the sea was so bad.
I really don't think that the 21 foot boat is still on top of the water.

The search his been suspended.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3949180"]Coast Guard suspends search for 3 lost at sea - ESPN[/ame]

Man I watch that little skinny kid grow up. I took him trick or treating one year.

I heard this morning that the families of the missing are, along with the help of lifelong friend Tank Johnson, are going to continue the search privately.

these families will need closure since there is no chance of survival by now. it's very hard not knowing exactly what happened to your love one(s). very sad.....

WOW....that IS very sad....:(:( Me having two kids, I would sit out there with my vest for as long as possible.....I WANT to see me kids again. I can't even imagine that was going through their minds. I bet 4 ahours out in high seas felt like 4 days.

You got to figure eventually your mind wanders and you no longer are making correct moves.
I doubt that they just gave up, but being stranded out there not knowing if your EVER going to be found could do that to you.

Jimbo

You got to figure eventually your mind wanders and you no longer are making correct moves.
I doubt that they just gave up, but being stranded out there not knowing if your EVER going to be found could do that to you.

Jimbo

Call me a pansy....but just thinking about that mind frame and not possibly seeing my kids and wife get me a little emotional.....:(:eek:

Advanced stages of hypothermia cause you to lose mental awareness.

Moderate...core temperature 33 to 31 degrees Celsius
+ shivering slows or stops. The body's initial compensating response to cold is to shiver uncontrollably. This generates heat by the involuntary muscular movement. When this fails, the body stops shivering because it uses up more energy...hence heat to cause the muscle to shiver. It is a sign the person is in serious trouble!
+ muscles begin to stiffen
+ speech is slow, vague, slurred
+ mental confusion and apathy is present
+ drowsiness and strange behaviour occurs
+ breathing is slower and more shallow

The Deadly Effects pf Hypothermia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)