U.S. Little League Champs lose title for using ineligible players

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Little League International announced Wednesday that it is vacating all of the Jackie Robinson West squad's wins from last year's tournament, including from the Great Lakes regionals and U.S. championship, because some of its players lived outside its assigned boundaries. Mountain Ridge Little League, out of Las Vegas, officially becomes the 2014 U.S. champ in its place.

cnn.com

I would imagine this is common but not sure it is common to this degree.

What worries me is this will quit being about rules but will become mostly about race.

Hmmm, Imagine that ....

Something like this happens most every year, living out of boundaries, someone is over age ext.
In this case it was more extreme by that local league.

They "annexed" areas of 3 other leagues, without the permission and knowledge of those leagues, in violation of little league rules, in order to pull all stars from those leagues in order to put together a ringer team.

It wasn't a coach bending rules to get a player, but instead was league officials (now banned) coordinating an effort to steal several players from neighboring leagues.

So someone turns them in or do the authorities automatically check?
They were turned in by coaches from the other leagues who's territory was "annexed", as they knew some of the boys lived in their areas.

Little League officials originally were going to clear Jackie Robinson West by saying the areas had been transferred to Jackie Robinson West, but right before the ruling, they found out that JRW did not have permission for the other 3 local league to transfer the territory. Thus the rule violation, title revocation, and ban on the JRW head officials.

It's a shame when the race card is used to deflect attention from the fact that rules were broken by adults.

According to a Tribune article, the whistleblower is indeed white, but is married to an African-American woman. He's receiving death threats and apparently most don't know anything about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackson is already there, even though no one asked for his help. He's already threatened a lawsuit on the team's behalf.

It's just another case of Jackson trying to put himself at the center of attention in an issue where he doesn't belong.

Jackson is already there, even though no one asked for his help. He's already threatened a lawsuit on the team's behalf.

It's just another case of Jackson trying to put himself at the center of attention in an issue where he doesn't belong.

A lawsuit on the teams behalf ?
The team was clearly in the wrong ...

Just what we need, more stupid lawsuits that could be figured out by grade schoolers.

Reactions: dfergie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)