2008-09 MLB Hot Stove

KCK- you better hope your Angels make a big acquisition in July to boost what I feel is a sagging offense!

Hmmm,
I don't see it that way ...
They will score plenty with or without Tex.
Remember, winning the AL West can be done normally without your best players.
Also Pitching wins championships, hitting helps, but pitching wins it.

I'm just not into Boras's way of thinking. I'm not a big fan of his. I think he's greedy and I'm so sick of him bleeding everyone dry. I mean I take a hit too because some of his clients play for the Mets. I mean I could understand some guys BUT NOT EVERYONE!!! Every single Boras client gets a ridicolous about of money. Kevin Millwood, anyone. I think Kevin Brown as well. I guess Boras hasn't heard about how lousy the economy is.

You must have cheered A-Rod for tossing Boras aside during his negotiations with the Yankees last year! :)

Sandra

Lots of teams will become part Florida Marlins north, or west, or whatever, since they can't hold onto their players. They'll be good every once in a while, but their good players will always wind up elsewhere. They're a feeder team.

Sandra

Lots of teams will become part Florida Marlins north, or west, or whatever, since they can't hold onto their players. They'll be good every once in a while, but their good players will always wind up elsewhere. They're a feeder team.

Sandra

LOL....! And yet that "feeder team" was been able to beat YOUR team soundly in the World Series AND been able to "feed" players to frequently keep YOUR team from winning the World Series now for quite some time. The were 'so bad' last year that they had a worse record than the Yankees, but still manage to be in contention ALOT LONGER than the Yankees. Now you could TRY to use the argument that the Yankees were in a tougher division...but guess what division the World Series Champ came from....wasn't the AL East....;)

LOL....! And yet that "feeder team" was been able to beat YOUR team soundly in the World Series AND been able to "feed" players to frequently keep YOUR team from winning the World Series now for quite some time. The were 'so bad' last year that they had a worse record than the Yankees, but still manage to be in contention ALOT LONGER than the Yankees. Now you could TRY to use the argument that the Yankees were in a tougher division...but guess what division the World Series Champ came from....wasn't the AL East....;)

So you agree with me. As I said, they will be good on occasion but will not be able to hold onto their players. Especially their good players...I'm sure they'll be able to keep their bad ones, since nobody else will want them.

Thus they are a feeder team for the rest of the league.

Sandra

they will be good on occasion but will not be able to hold onto their players. Especially their good players...I'm sure they'll be able to keep their bad ones, since nobody else will want them.

The Marlins are the new Expos- a team that can't hold on to good players for a long stretch.

However, you brought up the part about being "good on occasion."

Well, they win a World Series every six years (1997, 2003) and the 2009 will mean another World title in Miami!

So you agree with me. As I said, they will be good on occasion but will not be able to hold onto their players. Especially their good players...I'm sure they'll be able to keep their bad ones, since nobody else will want them.

Sandra

Can't say a feeder when you get VERY GOOD prospects in return every time they trade. They have one of the best if not the best farm system in all of the majors, what they cannot seem to do is keep the Miami-Dade County hostage enough to get them a real baseball stadium. WHEN they do, they will begin to be a championship caliber team WITHOUT having to almost sell their asses on the corner to pay for it like some teams need to do. They have a real eye for talent EARLY, where they don't need to get screwed later. For some reason, some teams would rather spend on the free agent LATER than save some money and hire an excellent scounting system.

The Marlins are the new Expos- a team that can't hold on to good players for a long stretch.

However, you brought up the part about being "good on occasion."

Well, they win a World Series every six years (1997, 2003) and the 2009 will mean another World title in Miami!

New Expos only as in having the same owner....and the similarities end right there. In all the playoff runs the Marlins have had, Loria has had no issues pulling the trigger on getting players to make a late season playoff push. He has not been cheap, he has been thrifty...there is a HUGE difference. THAT I will give to him. The old Expos NEVER put in money into the team when they had a talented team that COULD make a playoff push.

Can't say a feeder when you get VERY GOOD prospects in return every time they trade. They have one of the best if not the best farm system in all of the majors, what they cannot seem to do is keep the Miami-Dade County hostage enough to get them a real baseball stadium. WHEN they do, they will begin to be a championship caliber team WITHOUT having to almost sell their asses on the corner to pay for it like some teams need to do. They have a real eye for talent EARLY, where they don't need to get screwed later. For some reason, some teams would rather spend on the free agent LATER than save some money and hire an excellent scounting system.

Judging by the talent that has come and gone there, I would say they already have a great scouting system, wouldn't you?

OOPS! My bad Salsa. just realized you weren't talking about the Marlins. Just the same, they do have an excellent scouting system. You can thank Dombrowski for that.

Redsox trying to get Hanley Ramirez back, but Marlins want Elisbury and Clay. Right now is not happening maybe because the Sox might have to find players to replace thoses 2.

Redsox trying to get Hanley Ramirez back, but Marlins want Elisbury and Clay. Right now is not happening maybe because the Sox might have to find players to replace thoses 2.

Not gonna happen...that would not be enough. The GM here is alot smarter than most GMs he has outsmarted. The Red Sox, being one of them.

Not gonna happen...that would not be enough. The GM here is alot smarter than most GMs he has outsmarted. The Red Sox, being one of them.
While the cost-conscious Marlins listened to Boston's proposals, Florida would need to be overwhelmed to think about dealing Ramirez, who's considered one of the best young offensive players in the game. Since Boston is said to be happy with Jed Lowrie at shortstop, it's possible the Red Sox might have considered using Ramirez in centerfield.
Red Sox made play to Marlins for SS Ramirez - MLB - SI.com

HanRam's big paydays don't come until 2011, so it's unlikely a deal would happen before then. But, give Theo some credit for thinking outside the box and kicking the tires...

"A" for effort, but you know full well the ONLY that was gonna happen if Bucholtz was thrown in there.
I've read that Buchholz was considered, along with Ellsbury. It's unknown who exactly #3 and possibly #4 were though. Including Buchholz might indicate a RS interest in Sheets or Smoltz...

The Marlins were said to be most interested in a centerfielder, and it's believed Boston's promising young centerfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and talented pitching prospect Clay Buchholz were among those mentioned in a potential package for Ramirez

Red Sox made play to Marlins for SS Ramirez - MLB - SI.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)