2008 French Open Tennis Will be on DishHome

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
This will give us tennis fans a look at 6 different courts at a time on Channel 100. Play sarts May 25. I do not have a link but found this as I was looking over my statement this morning. Dish does not YET have Tennis Channel hd but I would think in the next few months it will be added.

They did this last year. It was kinda cool for SD, but also a little overwhelming trying to figure out what to watch.. As I recall, they had two or three courts covered by the DishHome channel that were not traditional 'TV Camera Courts', so we got to see stuff that we would not otherwise have gotten to see.

good info. back when I used to have D* they had the US open set up like this on one of their channels. I switched to it a few times to watch americans on outside courts. French open is my least favorite tourny, but i'll definitely still take a look.

I'm waiting for tennis-HD to decide if I want to get the hd only pack. When/if they add that one, I'll probably "downgrade" to it.

I believe Tennis HD will be on in time for the tourament. Keep your fingers crossed. :D

I sure hope so!!

I am still not 100% percent sure that the French will be in hd this year.

When watching the last few tournaments on Direct, Tennis Channel hd has been showing upconvert on the last few European tournys.

I sure hope they know what hd looks like:)

I sure hope so!!

I am still not 100% percent sure that the French will be in hd this year.

When watching the last few tournaments on Direct, Tennis Channel hd has been showing upconvert on the last few European tournys.

I sure hope they know what hd looks like:)

Widescreen HD is so prevalent in Europe. We are usually just stuck w/ the upconvert. Remember Wimbledon on ESPN last year? :(

i checked the tennis channel website, and if you look at what they list as HD content... there isn't much :-( Doesn't look like they do a lot with the French other than a nightly recap, and that isn't listed in HD either (feel free to correct me, I just breezed through the tennis channel site).

i checked the tennis channel website, and if you look at what they list as HD content... there isn't much :-( Doesn't look like they do a lot with the French other than a nightly recap, and that isn't listed in HD either (feel free to correct me, I just breezed through the tennis channel site).
I dont know if it will be in HD on TC HD this year, but the upconverts of SD Widescreen (I think EDTV, actually), looked OUTSTANDING this past week for the Masters Series Hamburg. I say outstanding knowing they could look even better, but i will take last week's quality over E*'s SD, where I can not even follow the ball on the court.

As for the French Open, Tennis Channel is sharing coverage with ESPN2, and will have live matches (and I believe even more coverage than ESPN2 is providing). Between the two of them, there isnt going to be anything missed on the TV courts. TC's Live coverage starts at 5am EDT, until ESPN2 takes over Live coverage at Noon EDT. French Open Tonight on TC, is a recap of the day's events, and encores of the day's best matches, whether the Live match aired on TC or ESPN2.

Tennis Channel IS showing it in hd, at least on the stadium court. I do believe ESPN2 hd and NBC will be showing it in hd as well. I am not sure if the outer courts will be showing hd or not.

Like on the Direct interactive, they are showing 6 different courts but all of those are in sd not hd. (the same as Direct)

This may be the first overseas sporting event that is broadcast live back to the states in hd. The only other that may have been in hd was the last Olympics.

Can someone please tell me how to access this service on channel 100? I do not see any option to select 6 courts from the French Open. I called DISH and after 20 minutes noone had a clue.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts