2011 MLB End Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I figured this would be a thread for some odds and ends about the 2011 MLB season. How about the fact that the wild card hasnt been decided yet and we are at the last day of the season? What about the season ending on a Wednesday? How about Prince Fielder hitting 3 home runs last night? That guy is a beast.

Greatest ending ever... Here in NY i was pulling for the Rays when they were 7 runs down. Lets give the Rays credit for what they accomplished against Boston. Last night they beat triple league team wuthout a single regular pitcher making an appearance. I still give them credit for what they accomplished but i am not going crazy about it. T Red Sox are more to blame for the Rays winning the WC. There is going to be a few head rolling out of boston. Who will be the fall guy?

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Also, I believe Albert Pujols landed on 99 RBI's. He didnt get 100 RBI's this year. I might be wrong about that. I did hear Pujols didnt do get something for the first time in his career. I thought it was 100 RBI's although I could be wrong.
Something with Ichiro as well. Did he lead the league in hits again? Maybe that was it. He didnt lead the league in hits. It was something although not sure.

The Blue Jays finish at 500 and I thought the Reds had a lousy year. Also, Pittsburgh collapsed again. They were actually competitive in the early part of the year but fell apart again.

Adrian Beltre, 3 home runs today!! WOW!! Also, what about the deal the Yankees made a few years ago.

The Yankees got Curtis Granderson, the D-Backs got Ian Kennedy and the Tigers got Austin Jackson. Thats pretty good all away around, right?

Lets give Baltimore credit for what they accomplished in game 162 against the Red Sox. You should have seen them pouring out onto the field after pulling out their 69th win of the season. It really was a World Series-like moment for them. Baltimore was a proud baseball franchise for over three decades but has been the pits since the Albert Belle era. I think Baltimore is ripe to return to being a baseball town, and with the foundation being laid in Washington, you could easily wind up with the best interleague rivalry in baseball within a year or two.

Lets give Baltimore credit for what they accomplished in game 162 against the Red Sox. You should have seen them pouring out onto the field after pulling out their 69th win of the season. It really was a World Series-like moment for them. Baltimore was a proud baseball franchise for over three decades but has been the pits since the Albert Belle era. I think Baltimore is ripe to return to being a baseball town, and with the foundation being laid in Washington, you could easily wind up with the best interleague rivalry in baseball within a year or two.

You have a good point. The only thing is that Baltimore is in a division with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox. Thats very tough to compete with. As a Mets fan, I should look out for Washington as well.

Adrian Beltre, 3 home runs today!! WOW!! Also, what about the deal the Yankees made a few years ago.

The Yankees got Curtis Granderson, the D-Backs got Ian Kennedy and the Tigers got Austin Jackson. Thats pretty good all away around, right?

Yes, it's worked out well for all involved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)