2011 Thoughts to Ponder (Havent done this in a while)

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Ive been too lazy to do one of these posts for so long but here we go.

1)What do you guys think of TBS coverage of the playoffs. I think they do a good job. I really dont see anything bad about it.

2) The NHL putting a game on Black Friday is very smart. Im not the biggest hockey fan by any means but it seems like to a certain extent, the NHL is trying to expand there audience(although since I live in CT., I am a little prejuidce-Bring back the Whalers!!)

3) Whats the over/under that ESPN and "The Family of Networks" will show every game of every sport known to man?

4) Will Joe Buck ever get his voice back?

5) I guess this pretains to me but Ive seen the Steelers on opening day, tomorrow and next Sunday.

6) This might pretain to just the New Yorkers on here but do you notice that the Bills really dont get any respect at least in my area. What I mean is that on WCBS its the Jets which is fine but when the Jets are on later or Sunday Night or Monday night, WCBS doesnt do the Bills any favors. I would think they would because they are in New York after all. It almost seems like a lot of the times you even forget the Bills are in New York.

7)Does anyone else miss the Saturday NFL games? Remember one game on CBS, one on NBC and one on ESPN?

8)Has anyone watched college football on FX? I have seen a little bit of it. What do you think?

9)A little off the subject but what tv shows are you guys watching this fall? Are you excited about any of the fall shows? Pan-Am? Whitney? Revenge?

10)Its a shame Terry Francona is out. I dont know him since Im not a member of RedSox Nation but he seems like a good guy for baseball. I think he will get a job somewhere down the line. More sooner than later.

11) Who do you think is a top announcer and play by play guy for each sport? What about on a national scale? What about on a local scale?

12)Have you guys seen any Christmas stuff out yet? I believe as early as September 9th I saw Christmas stuff at my local CVS.

13)What did you guys think of this past Wednesday night with all the baseball? One of the great sport nights ever.

14) Dare I say will the Lions game be interesting on Thanksgiving this year?

15)Is Peyton Mannings career over? He may not come back and if he does its December at the latest.

16) ABC on ESPN?? How much longer do we have to deal with this? Keith Jackson is spinning in his grave and he isnt even dead yet. I think its a disgrace to Keith, Chris Schenkel, Jack Buck, Roone Arledge, Jim McKay among others.

17)Do you think there is way too much clutter on tv screens these days? I mean forget sports which there is a lot of clutter on the screens but what about tv shows. Pop-up ads, credits to tv shows scrunched together or not even shown, pop up ads that actually make noise on the screen etc.

18) I mentioned this before but have you noticed the playoff games are starting a little later. When TBS first got the playoffs they started them a little earlier, didnt they?

19)Are you sick of that damn "Written in the Stars"song that they have been playing during the playoffs? Im a big wrestling fan and that was the song for Wrestlemania 27 and I was sick of it after Wrestlemania.

20)And finally...how good do you think the Phillies are? I mean with Halladay, Hamels, Lee and Oswalt they may be good for many, many years.

Like I mentioned in one of the other posts, what happens if the Phillies game goes long? The Phillies game is on TBS, the Yankees will move to TNT but what happens to the Diamondbacks game? Do they postpone the start time?

I couldn't care less about Joe Buck's voice. I think he's one of the most over rated announcers out there, maybe as bad as Michael Kay. By Fox pairing him with Tim McCarver they have created the worst on air team of all time, bar none!

1. watched very little of it but it looks decent
2. I'm confused. We here in MN have had a game on Black Friday for years. Its usually a 1:00 game but this year its at 3:00
3. Dont they already?
4. dont care. He is horrible as an announcer and with McLoser as a sidekick it makes it even worse. Thank god the Vikes suck so we'll have him as an announcer maybe once this year
6. Have you looked on a map lately to see where Buffalo is? Other end of the state. But it is like that in other areas. Dallas wont show a Houton game on TV. I dont think you'd hear about St Louis on a KC station.
7. nah. Other stuff to watch then
8. nope
12. yep. Wal-Mart hasd some up a few weeks ago after school supplies were done
13. best night in a long time
14. maybe
15. no
16. its ESPN on ABC and until they split you'll continue to hear it ;)
17. said it way too man times too much s**t on the screen. It was nice the other day to see a Jets pre-season game on NHL Net and there were no graphics on the screen. Dont know why but it was nice :)

Somebody needs to buy ABC from Disney so we can get ABC Sports back. ESPN will never show every game of every sport. If ESPN even tried to do that, their carriage rates will go through the roof and we're already paying too much for it.

1)What do you guys think of TBS coverage of the playoffs. I think they do a good job. I really dont see anything bad about it.

I didn't like the TBS coverage (actually preferred the makeup game coverage on TNT) but it's early so I'll give 'em another chance. Of course, I really don't have any choice in the matter. :)

2) The NHL putting a game on Black Friday is very smart. Im not the biggest hockey fan by any means but it seems like to a certain extent, the NHL is trying to expand there audience(although since I live in CT., I am a little prejuidce-Bring back the Whalers!!)

Good move by the NHL. In fact, I would like to see three (3) Winter Classic events each year: one with 110,000+ fans hosted at the Big House (Michigan Stadium); one hosted in Boston, New York, Boston or Chicago; and one hosted in Canada.

7)Does anyone else miss the Saturday NFL games? Remember one game on CBS, one on NBC and one on ESPN?

Saturday games during the playoffs or perhaps the final week or two of the regular season are fine...just as long as it doesn't interfere with College Football.

8)Has anyone watched college football on FX? I have seen a little bit of it. What do you think?

No. All games worth watching are broadcast on BTN, ESPN or ABC.

9)A little off the subject but what tv shows are you guys watching this fall? Are you excited about any of the fall shows? Pan-Am? Whitney? Revenge?

- Person of Interest (best new show in broadcast primetime)
- Unforgettable (the show has me hooked)
- A Gifted Man (I like it and I don't see deleting it anytime soon)
- Revenge (I was hooked by the promo ads...and I'm surprising still liking it) if it gets to soapy
- Prime Suspect (cop show with an NBC feel...not bad, but not great and I don't have time for it)
- Terra Nova (fake looking dinosaurs, cheesy acting and predictable plot) will probably be deleted after a few more episodes

13)What did you guys think of this past Wednesday night with all the baseball? One of the great sport nights ever.

A baseball day like this only come around once every generation or two. Amazing!!!

14) Dare I say will the Lions game be interesting on Thanksgiving this year?

The Lions are for real and they will be going to the SuperBowl. The Bobby Layne curse is over. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)